Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite?

Which one?

• Wyandotte

Votes: 38 7.0%
  • Salmon Faverolle

Votes: 35 6.5%
  • Easter Egger

Votes: 75 13.9%
  • Sultan

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Orpington

Votes: 179 33.1%
  • Australope

Votes: 47 8.7%
  • Sussex

Votes: 30 5.6%
  • Polish

Votes: 36 6.7%
  • Cochin

Votes: 65 12.0%
  • Maran

Votes: 30 5.6%

• Total voters
For snakes there's a new product called Snake Stopper. It tested very well against the brown snakes on Guam. It won't bother your chickens. You only have to apply it once every 30 days even if it rains. It's a blend of cinnamon oil and cedar oil in a sulphur base, and it's a powder that you shake onto the ground around your coop and yard. It's at Tractor Supply for less than $15.00.

Thanks!

I hate how when somebody votes on a poll, it doens't get pushed to the top. Polls just sink dooooooooooown.
hmm.png

thats a tough one- i discovered just since the descriptions say friendly etc, it depends on the bird- i had a pair of orps- sugar and spice, sugar was the friendliest and in your face, spice is still very standoffish- but generally i'd go with cochins

I love all of these breeds- I'm getting a Sultan in the spring, and a BLRW. I love my Polish, she was flighty as a chick but now jumps on my knee whenever I offer treats and is an affectionate, dainty girl.

ETA I was thinking about Marans too but I have very limited space.

Last edited:
I have avariety of breeds. My 2 Buff laced Polish are the friendliest. They actually will heel at my feet until I pick them up and then they purr. My Silkies are next, my rooster Pretty Boy especially likes to be held and hand fed. My Ameraucana Patty is next since she hops up on my lap to be fed. All my chickens come running the minute they hear me out in t, If they are in the pen they meet me at the door and holler til I get there. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom