Kai98

In the Brooder
Jun 13, 2020
I have two Lavender Orpington roosters and one needs to go. I want to keep the one that will be best for breeding and both are not people aggressive so that isn’t a problem. We had some wind last night that blew open the door separating the roosters and they fought so that’s why they look beat up.

Rooster 1:
A bit smaller, larger comb, smaller spurs so possibly younger. Previous owners clipped his wings super short imo
A0DD597B-B7B7-4F0B-82DB-BC13A4163958.jpeg

Rooster 2: Larger, smaller comb, larger spurs so possibly a little older.

0C5D8632-4E2D-4019-A7B6-9150B530597C.jpeg

Number 2 has a body shape closer to what an Orpingtons body should look like. Both are hatchery stock.
I would clean each one up (get the blood off the hackles too) and put a spritz of Vetericyn or some other poultry wound care spray on their injuries.
How did you end up with both of them instead of just one?

Number 2 has a body shape closer to what an Orpingtons body should look like. Both are hatchery stock.
I would clean each one up (get the blood off the hackles too) and put a spritz of Vetericyn or some other poultry wound care spray on their injuries.
I agree! That's what I would have said.

I cleaned them up a little after I took this picture, hindsight I probably should’ve done it before but I was super busy. They’re both doing well. I was given a trio when I already had a rooster but the people I received the hens from wanted the rooster gone as well and wouldn’t consider just rehoming the hens 😕.

Back
Top Bottom