Which would you buy Sportsman GQF or Pro 1200 or 1202?

chicknfishn~ Hey neighbor, I bet you have a boatload of eggs sitting on your counter right waiting to go in it, don'tcha?
big_smile.png
If you don't then you better start collecting as soon as you can sister, trust me you won't be able to see it sit there for long empty and not running. I don't know how I made it a little over a week just watching mine sit here.
DH thinks that I will never turn mine off, he is a silly man, of course I'll turn it off, but, only when I'm cleaning it and getting it ready for another hatch.
lol.png
lau.gif

We're going to have a lot of chickies.............................................

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

Well this was a wish come true,
woot.gif
I just didn't think that it would come through so fast or early. I have been looking for a cabinet incubator since August. The only ones that I had seen before this great Sportsman, were ones that when questioned the owner would say UMM pause pause I'm not exactly sure when it last incubated or hatched chicks and it should work fine for you. Yeah right, I was not born yesterday. In other words it was here in the barn when I bought the farm and I know nothing about this thing but it should be worth a pile of money.

As far as collecting eggs goes that is another story. I have been enjoying everybody mixing it up in the yard free ranging, that No One has been in their respective pens long enough or without inappropriate contact if you know what I mean. Don't I have to wait about 3 weeks to make sure that everybody has the right baby daddy?

So I have been eyeballing others hatching eggs for sale on CL. Also thinking about throwing in one last batch of button quail eggs before I sell off all of my adult pairs and trios.

I want to get at least one hatch through it before I buy any expensive eggs. I know someone in Scapoose with Coronation Sussex and those will be my future new variety of babies
jumpy.gif
. As you probably know those are not cheap eggs.

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

Well this was a wish come true,
woot.gif
I just didn't think that it would come through so fast or early. I have been looking for a cabinet incubator since August. The only ones that I had seen before this great Sportsman, were ones that when questioned the owner would say UMM pause pause I'm not exactly sure when it last incubated or hatched chicks and it should work fine for you. Yeah right, I was not born yesterday. In other words it was here in the barn when I bought the farm and I know nothing about this thing but it should be worth a pile of money.

As far as collecting eggs goes that is another story. I have been enjoying everybody mixing it up in the yard free ranging, that No One has been in their respective pens long enough or without inappropriate contact if you know what I mean. Don't I have to wait about 3 weeks to make sure that everybody has the right baby daddy?

So I have been eyeballing others hatching eggs for sale on CL. Also thinking about throwing in one last batch of button quail eggs before I sell off all of my adult pairs and trios.

I want to get at least one hatch through it before I buy any expensive eggs. I know someone in Scapoose with Coronation Sussex and those will be my future new variety of babies
jumpy.gif
. As you probably know those are not cheap eggs.

Someone in Scapoose has Coronation Sussex?!?!?!?! That's AWESOME!!!! Do you know where they got them?
I'd go about 6 weeks just to be on the safe side for pure eggs if that is what you are going for, but that is just me. They can sometimes utilize and store that stuff up to 6 weeks.
smile.png

I hear ya about shelling out the clams for expensive eggs, just toss in a batch of mixed ones for testing, you can sell them as layers.

Pink Chick
The guy in Scapoose bought the eggs from many different sources around the country. He has beautiful birds. But we both commented on the fact that the Coronations do not right now have the size of the Light Sussex, but with everyone breeding splits to Light Sussex that they would probably eventually increase in size.

So do you think that lots of people won't care what the breeds are right now, since it is so early in the season?

What would you charge for mixed chicks 2.00 or 3.00 each. Also don't you ever sleep? You posted Way Way late last night and then Early this morning?
smile.png

Quote:
Lots of folks don't care if they are mixed breeds, I sell my mixes for $3.00 and so do my other neighbors that sell chicks. You'll find really all they care about is if we can tell them if they are girls or not.
big_smile.png

You and our incubator buddy kept me up way past my pumpkin time last night chattin' chickens and 'bators! But I am a early bird.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom