White Faced Black Spanish?

Griffox

Songster
11 Years
Oct 26, 2008
Harrodsburg, KY
I got some BO and BR eggs from some locals. They threw in some little white eggs with the batch. They have lots of breeds, but most of them are separated into breeding pens. They do have quite a few white faced black spanish running around, so I thought the eggs must have been from them. But now their new feathers have quite a bit of white in them. Has anyone raised WFBS? What do they look like as chicks?

chicks050-vi.jpg

chicks054-vi.jpg

chicks057-vi.jpg

chicks045-vi.jpg

I went looking for pics of my ancona. I only found one at 3 weeks, and one at 12 weeks. Yours is a lot more black than mine was young, so I don't know. Your chick's legs are also a different color. Maybe she's a mix? Here's my ancona:

P3260026.jpg

P5300040.jpg

Last edited:
The feet...there is a breed that has the white feet like that...I just can't remember what it is!

I've seen it before...but I just can't remember. It'll come to me around 2:00AM tonight while I'm sleeping.

meanwhile, have you checked Minorcas? It's definitely along those lines because of the white earlobes. Arg this is frustrating that I can't remember...

It's not a black minorca either. Their down is black black, and they don't have any light coloring on their cheeks and neck like that. My three are just starting to lay, and they looked nothing like that. Plus their feet and legs are black.

Really? My chicks, especially my females came out with black down along with white markings on their faces with the down.

That birds legs are black, but the feet are white. I wonder if it's a mutant mottled WFB or Minorca? That'd be a neat thing to see!

When you say "little" eggs, do you mean bantam-sized eggs or eggs that are smaller than standard-sized eggs?

Last edited:
Hmmmm mikarod, I went looking back through my pictures, and the only one I have a pic of at about that age does have some white on her face, (though not as much as the OP's chick) and light color on her feet. I did have two though who had less white, black combs for months, and black black on their feet. They weren't my favorite like this one was though, so I guess I didn't do their portraits.
roll.png

I'm curious to watch your little chick grow up, Griffox, to see what she turns into!

13038_p8010055.jpg

Back
Top Bottom