White Sport Cream Legbars

Pics
Sally Sunshine. Did that last batch of CL eggs hatch yet. Were they all pure?
frow.gif
Yep they were all pure and looking normal no sports or any differential coloring, I have already moved the EE in with my white faced spanish so I can tell her eggs and grab them for eating. Last year I had the EE in that WFBS coop and hatched some chicks and actually grew them out, nice blue eggs too. I sold all those hens when they started laying and fetched some nice cash for them too. They looked like a WFS and like everyone said they did have a mixed sorta looking comb ;)

I am thinking of what purpose our white Sport can give to us come spring Thaw. IF THAT HAPPENS LOL any suggestions what to do with him? I have sold all my birds and am focusing on the WFBS LF, CCL, partridge brahma and our 9 year old works with Serama and the frizzle gene. I only have some layer odd balls, a black polish, a BR, and a light brahma.

Last edited:
My latest white sport cream legbars.

Over the weekend, I had eleven chicks hatch. Three cream legbars with normal colors (1 cockerel and 2 pullets), two white-sport cream legbars (1 cockerel and 1 pullet), one cream legbar X buff orpington cross, and two that I believe are SFH.

The lighter one on the right appears to be a cockerel and the darker one to the left appears to be a pullet. They are 1-2 days apart in hatching.

I saw that. Got a bit of a chuckle but If that sells then I may try it as well. LOL.

An update om my most recent white sports. A couple days after the pictures above were taken, the white sport pullet passed away. On Saturday, 3 more normal colored CLB pullet and another white sport pullet hatched.

I saw that. Got a bit of a chuckle but If that sells then I may try it as well. LOL.

An update om my most recent white sports. A couple days after the pictures above were taken, the white sport pullet passed away. On Saturday, 3 more normal colored CLB pullet and another white sport pullet hatched.
Sorry you lost your pullet.

How common is it to hatch out WS Cream Legbars? Now that more people own CL and more are being bred is it likely that WS will become a little more common. Or do they hatch few and far between and not from everyones CL flocks?

I think I will take my sport to auction along with extra serama roos :( I just dont have room to put him with anything, I really like the looks of him but I gotta do it.

Sorry you lost your pullet.

How common is it to hatch out WS Cream Legbars? Now that more people own CL and more are being bred is it likely that WS will become a little more common. Or do they hatch few and far between and not from everyones CL flocks?
As I understand, the white sport cream legbar relies upon a double white recessive gene unlike other breeds where a white gene is dominant. So you must have a cock and a hen with the recessive genes to get the white sport. Since I now have hatched four white sports, it is safe to say that one hen and the prime cockerel I use have the recessive gene. I have heard that there are a few flocks out there where it is more common (like mine) and others that do not see the white sports at all.

That is what I thought, thank you.

How do you all feel about continuing to use your CL that do pass the recessive white gene on? Do you all look forward to hatch day and see your white sports? Or are you all trying to steer away from that happening?

I don't see a huge problem with the White Sports, especially given that a lot of people love all white birds and these ones lay blue eggs. We have eggs in the incubator right now, and I'm curious to see if we get any.
Is any one having a problem selling them?

Back
Top Bottom