Whiting True Blue Chat Thread!

Pics
I've had WTBs & WTGs a few years ago ... The WTGs laid every day while the WTBs about 4 -5 in a week, they do slow down during our 'winter' months also. I just finished raising a friends chick order from McMurray, I got to keep 2 WTBs and a Black Star. Looking forward to fresh eggs this Fall ...
UPDATE: My girls have been laying since Aug 2021, although the Black Star started and lays 6 days a week, glad she rests. A bit disappointed with the WTBs this batch, noticed the eggs are more "watery" and these are more skittish than the WTB/WTG I had the year before. The White one has egg shell issues which I've gotten under control.
2022 Trio - 0204 Buff:3.jpg
2021 Trio - 1209Dove Egg:2.jpg
2021 Trio - 0829 Dove Green Egg.jpg
2022 Trio - 0204 Star.jpg

Attachments

• 2022 Trio - 0204 Dove:2.jpg
    2022 Trio - 0204 Dove:2.jpg
    499.9 KB · Views: 1
UPDATE: My girls have been laying since Aug 2021, although the Black Star started and lays 6 days a week, glad she rests. A bit disappointed with the WTBs this batch, noticed the eggs are more "watery" and these are more skittish than the WTB/WTG I had the year before. The White one has egg shell issues which I've gotten under control.
View attachment 2999217View attachment 2999220View attachment 2999221View attachment 2999219
That last pic could be my WTB's sister, lol. My Betty took a break this winter for 2 months but has resumed, laying around 4 eggs a week right now, but I think she's just getting warmed up (she is almost 2 yo)😉

I have had my Whiting True Blues since may of 2021. Overall, I am pleased with them. I have lost only one to a corn snake at 7 weeks old! They lay well and consistently mostly large and xlarge eggs for me. An occasional medium egg still occurs and was common at first. I have one bird whose eggs are olive instead of the nice pastel blue eggs the others lay, but those eggs are consistently extra large! The variety of color is also nice. Some do tend to be a bit flighty and nervous when someone enters the coop/runs. The production is very good and they lay 5 to 6 eggs per week so far into their second year of laying! They are not heavy eaters either I believe. I will get more as I did not get a rooster at the time. Great source for popular blue eggs.

Back
Top Bottom