Who all is raising Jumbo Browns?

I dont have any yet, but got a bunch of eggs in the bator due to hatch right after the first of the year. If all goes well the goal is to be selling eggs sometime in the spring.

i do. however with this cold and all i am getting less eggs if any most real cold days here in NE PA. once spring rolls around i can ship eggs and aldult breeders to you as well. just not one for messing around with cold weather. (i really doubt the eggs would stay viable and the jumbo adults prob. wouldnt make it either.

I Have 37 That Are Laying Everyday. I Am Not Hatching Anymore Until The Spring Due To The Cost Of Keeping The Quail Chciks Warm, So I Have Lots And My Family Are Hestitant To Eat Quail Eggs Even Though I've Told Them They Are Supposedly Very Nutritous, So I Am Boiling Them Up And Feeding To Chickens. I Do Plan To Try Some Pickled But Don't Relish Peeling Them.

Quote:
What is the average weight of you birds?

i have not weighed any because i do not have anything to weigh them with but they are as large as the the corturnix i hatched from a member of the forum here. what are you using to weigh your birds?

I ordered a $10 digital kitchen scale that I bought on eBay, works great and measures in oz or pounds, I think it has other measurements too, goes up to 6.5 pounds, if I can get a coturnix that big something tells me I will have no problem buying a bigger scale lol

Back
Top Bottom