Who else is waiting the impossible wait?

Quote:
Ha ha! What kind of hens do you have?

This morning another of my girls is making the same worrisome sounds as the pacing one last night. I stuck a little more straw in a couple of the boxes.

Hi chickenprincess92 , I have barred rocks, black sex links, rhode island reds, new hampshire reds, buff orpingtons and a black australorp that turned out to be a roo. I've resigned myself to not getting any eggs from THAT one. Was my biggest girl too!! LOL

Hahaha random, but after I read your title I got that "Waiting on the World to Change" song stuck in my head!
lol.png

Anyways......
I'm still waiting for my three young pullets to start laying. And they're gonna lay green eggs!
big_smile.png
(They are a Cochin/Ameraucana cross)
ya.gif
I can't wait! They are about 3 months old now, going on 4 months. Probably gonna need another month or so. Their faces haven't even started to turn red yet!
tongue.png
That's always a good sign that they should start soon. But, sooner or later they will start...I just wish it was sooner, rather than later!
th.gif

Quote:
In my experience, if they are hatched in the spring they lay until the next winter, but we have very mild winters here.'

But yes, you can expect and egg within the next few weeks until the weather gets really cold and dark.

Hi Everyone,

I just got my first two chickens today, there soooo cute:cd lol.

They are brown something or another i cant remember what they are ha ha but absolutley gorgeous, they are 18 weeks old and was told they should start laying at about 20 weeks but in the meantime il just mollie coddle them.
clap.gif

Once i get sorted i will post some pictures on the site.

Hope everyone gets eggs soon.

Last edited:
My 3 girls are 25 weeks now and our Barred Rock just started doing the 'squat' today! Maybe she will start laying soon! As for the other the other 2 EE's..I have lost hope lol.

Countrygirl, your BR's faces are getting nice and red. My BR's comb was taller and floppier when she began laying last week. Don't know if that's always the case tho...

Last edited:
Yesterday I listened in on my kids (age 7 and 10) trying to calculate to the day when our hens would start laying.

Country girl --I wouldn't wait on that red one with the big red comb and wattles ( in the last picture with your BR) to lay anytime soon...
gigglesmile.gif
25r30wi.gif
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom