Who else is waiting the impossible wait?

Well, my final wait was for a 4 egg day - one from each of the girls. This morning around 9:30 I got one green egg and then when I just got home a few minutes ago there were 3 more! I thought only one of my EEs was a green egg layer because the ones I had gotten previously from the smallest one were thin-shelled, cracked and kind of a very pale pink. Well, I guess the final layer of shell hadn't been applied in her internal egg factory because two of the eggs I got today are green! I'm very eggscited! Good luck, patience and finally, happy eating to all of you!
big_smile.png

im still waiting. my grandfathers are laying,,, but mine arent. there all the same age but mine arent laying. there combs and face is getting redder, the getting fatter and more talkative but NO EGGS!!!! for them back in june and they were full grown!!!

I feel super-certain that I will have a first-egg report in the next 24-48 hours! My leghorn is FINALLY workin' it out. Her vent looks/feels full. She squatted in front of me and let me pet her on the back gently and didn't move a muscle... she has NEVER allowed anyone to touch her. After that little moment of peace, she got up, marched herself happily over into the henhouse, started squawking and COMPLETELY rearranged ALL the bedding in the lower nesting area.

When she did the squat, she spread her wings out just a little bit... that's "the" squat, right?

MY impossible wait is OVA!!
Ta-Da!!
64691_100_1879.jpg

Found it today at 4:30, just 5 minutes after I heard the egg song. It was still warm, in the nest that I never thought they even LOOKED AT! If someone was around, they would've thought I was crazy..I was so excited!
ya.gif
woot.gif
:weee
D.gif
wee.gif
woot.gif
ya.gif

I don't know who laid it, my girls (16 of 'em) are all 23 weeks and 3 days old

Don't lose hope everyone, they WILL start to lay!!!

MY impossible wait is OVA!!
Ta-Da!!
64691_100_1879.jpg

Found it today at 4:30, just 5 minutes after I heard the egg song. It was still warm, in the nest that I never thought they even LOOKED AT! If someone was around, they would've thought I was crazy..I was so excited!
ya.gif
woot.gif
:weee
D.gif
wee.gif
woot.gif
ya.gif

I don't know who laid it, my girls (16 of 'em) are all 23 weeks and 3 days old

Don't lose hope everyone, they WILL start to lay!!!

Wow pookiegoldman, that's one beautiful egg!! Such a nice rich color!

I had two more egges waiting in one nest when I got home this afternoon. One was small and rounded like the previous 3, but the other was a nice size, perfectly egg shaped egg. No clue who laid what but who cares!! The eggs have started and I'm soo pleased! We have fresh eggs!!

That is one gorgeous egg! Do your birds get to free-range? I hope so! Lots of bugs in Louisiana for the girls to eat. Sometimes we think about moving back down there and then I think about.... dem bugs. That's probably the biggest thing holding me back from moving out there.

Man everybody is gunna graduate this thread before me! ::pouts:: I am gunna start shaking a clever at my chickens tomorrow morning, work up their initative a little bit hahaha.

Back
Top Bottom