Who made the law to require vet prescriptions for anti biotics 😡

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read both and I failed to see what you found so revelatory about either of them.
Most people treat their bodies like a rental car, expecting the doctor to be able to fix the broken parts with a magic pill, or just chop off the diseased flesh and organs and replace those with a pill.
"The man is not sick because he has an illness, he has an illness because he is sick"
Chinese Proverb

Right, nearly a decade old and it hasn't wiped mankind from the face of the planet.
NEXT!
Wiping out mankind from the face of the planet is your metric for whether something is a problem or not? And a decade is your time horizon?
I guess I hadn't thought of it like that.
In which case I concede. Literally nothing is a problem, at least not yet, not even the media overblowing stuff and people believing stuff that you 'know' to be false.
Not even people 'using their bodies like a rental car' (to quote you) is a problem - that hasn't wiped mankind from the face of the planet yet either.

It must be comforting to be you and to be so certain of things that most of us find more complex and difficult to get to grips with.

Similar figures elsewhere.

View attachment 3538926
View attachment 3538928

If one is talking merely about the number of Morover Vehicle deaths, yes, we are again on an uptrend and nearing historic highs. If, otoh, you want to talk about deaths per vehicle mile driven, the number is near historic lows, while deaths per driver population continue to fall.

Your claim is only true from a certain point of view, one devoid of important context (in my belief).
You again?
What's for lunch?

If this is true then the FDA illegally created a new law, something only Congress is allowed to do. They are a regulatory agency to execute laws passed by Congress, not their own whims. But we all know there are no rules anymore under our proto-Soviet America.
Um. No.

You seem to have completely misread everything I wrote. Which is NOT to say I agree with the FDAs actions here, but I did at least attempt to accurately characterize them.

and the problem isn't over use of antibiotics, its UNDER use. Stupid humans discontinuing prescribed antibiotics because they "feel better" before the infectious agent has been decimated to insignificant populations. Short dosing antibiotics merely selects for critters that can tolerate those antibiotics, the same way adding AVC to your chicken's water simply selects for bacteria prefering a more acidic environment, or chlorifying water supplies selects for things that can tolerate a few PPM of chlorine.

Now, did the same stupid humans need antibiotics in the first place??? In many cases, not - taking antibiotics for a virus, as example, is ineffective. Yet we do it all the time, because our healthcare system is set up to treat the symptoms, rather than determine the cause. and because stupid humans rarely care about the cause, they just want to feel better.

Is there much risk of antibiotic resistant bugs in livestock being tranmsitted to humans?? No, wide scale antibiotic use on livestock is expensive, not particularly effective, and in some cases prohibitted by law. The FDA seems to be busy publicly "doing something", which will have almost no effect whatsoever Nationally, however much it impacts some of us - but the FDA has history of going after backyard pets while some worker that didn't wash their hands contributes to intestinal infortitude and the occaisional hospitalization in people eating lettuce, tomatoes, and other fresh veggies.

and Pollo? Stpid humans have been trying to wipe one another from the face of the earth for essentially all of recorded history (check out the Stelae of the Vultures as an early example). As a species, we are VERY good at failure. We've been at it a lot longer than MRSA has. or any number of other diseases of recent media moments. We are however, making it easier for global pandemics to occur, as it becomes increasingly easy to travel from place to place.

The world is a dangerous place. But its the only game in town. May as well pull up a chair and play the hand you are dealt.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yze
People eat whatever the television tells them to.
I have no concerns about how unhealthy people conduct their lives.
Keep watching the tele and carry on!
You are really quite a hoot.
I don’t watch television so presumably I am a bit lost as to what to eat.
How do you learn what to eat for your ‘terrain theory’?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom