Whose Waiting This week for Meyer's Chicks to arrive????

Quote:
I live in CT as well! Just curious, how many did you order? I ordered six (I am going to add two more though, I don't even have them yet and the chicken math has started!) and I am worried about their long trip. They are not due to arrive until the week of June 20th, however. I am also curious to know how long it will take them to get to me from Ohio.
Good luck everyone! I have my fingers and toes crossed and am sending happy thoughts your way!!!
fl.gif

I ordered 25. they shipped 26 and 2 were dead when they got here. they shipped monday at 5pm and they got here Wednesday at 6:30 am.

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear about the losses! I hope all the others are ok.
Hopefully mine will have a quick trip as well. Thank you so mcuh for the info!

I'm feeding her the chick starter but I mixed with sugar water and vitamins. She doesn't seem interested in dry food, so I mix it with the water to make a paste and she eats some of that. Poor thing can't stand up, I thought she have spraddle leg but I'm not so sure now. One foot seems a little deformed
hu.gif
but well try this for now and see if she gets any better.

Shes doing about the same
sad.png
she's alert, but not able to eat or drink on her own because she can't sit up. I think there is something wrong with her legs and feet that she was born with, one of her toes is upside down. I posted in the sickness threads with pics and someone replied that they had one with the exact same problem that they had to cull
sad.png
The thing is, even though we are feeding her every hour, she is still not getting enough food. The other chicks already have little feathers coming in on their wings and she doesn't. So we are going to give her a couple of more days to see if she can come around, but I don't think she will get better. Her legs and feet don't look right, and even when I suspend her in the air she holds her legs tight to her body. It's very nice of you to ask
smile.png
, how are your babies doing?

Oh, sorry to hear that.
sad.png
I will hope for the best. I can imagine how hard it is. It is nice of you to give her the chance.

My babies are doing fine. I was a little worried, they all were not really eating very much. Not like my others that I have had. They just picked at their food. I ground it up small, tried your recipe with the mash and sugar water, made a hard boiled egg. Nothing seemed to get them excited. They would eat, but not well. The drank really well. But today they are finally eating like I would like, some I am sure they are going to be fine.

Hope your little one comes around, keep me posted.

I had one sebright that was doing what yours were, drinking but not really eating, but then she finally started! I guess she just didn't need to yet, she is sooooo tiny! I can see why a lot of people have a difficult time raising them. Sadly, I had to cull my sick one
sad.png
I noticed her knee joints were swollen, her tendons were out and I could not get them to stay in and this morning she would not eat or drink at all, so I didn't want her to suffer anymore. But all the rest are doing great! One of my polish girls is super friendly and curious so she has been spending some time upstairs with us,
big_smile.png
she hops all over the floor investigating the dogs, not the least bit afraid, it's so cute! I'm so glad yours are all doing well, I hope they continue that way
thumbsup.gif

Oh, sorry about your little one.
hit.gif
But you did the best you could. My girls are doing better and eating a lot. They seem to be pretty tiny too. But the way they are eating, probably not for long!
smile.png

Post some pic when you have a chance.

We have been wanting chickens for years and we are finally able to do so..I could not make decisions on what kinds to choose..so I ordered the rainbow pullet pack...they won't arrive until the first week of may and I am a nervous nilly.
thumbsup.gif

I've got an order in with Meyer for the second week in May and I'm already a nervous wreck!
gig.gif

I wish there was a way to get pullets locally, but (understandably) the only semi-local folks I know of offer only eggs or straight run. The shipping part is killing me! What a bunch we are... XD

Back
Top Bottom