Why is my chicken not laying?

katie_3487

Chirping
Jun 13, 2022
I have three hens and two of them lay pretty much everyday, but my other one, hasn’t layed in like 5 days, and she lays MAXIMUM once a week. We haven’t gotten an egg from her in awhile so I’m getting concerned. She looks fine and she isn’t walking funny so I don’t think she’s eggbound. ???

I have three hens and two of them lay pretty much everyday, but my other one, hasn’t layed in like 5 days, and she lays MAXIMUM once a week. We haven’t gotten an egg from her in awhile so I’m getting concerned. She looks fine and she isn’t walking funny so I don’t think she’s eggbound. ???
How old is she and what breed? Is she molting? When they molt production slows or can stop altogether. Mine stop laying when they molt in the fall and don't lay again until spring. I'm not an expert. I hope someone more experienced can help.

How old is she and what breed? Is she molting? When they molt production slows or can stop altogether. Mine stop laying when they molt in the fall and don't lay again until spring. I'm not an expert. I hope someone more experienced can help.
Hi! She is less than a year old (I don’t know her exact age) and I’ve seen a bit more feathers than usual, so maybe that’s it! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom