Why is my hen losing weight even if she eats?

Okardare

In the Brooder
May 17, 2023
My hen is coming out of a respiratory disease, for a while she did not want to eat and began to lose weight, she weighed 4.40kg, then she weighed 2.5kg, recently she began to eat normally again, but she only loses weight, two days ago she weighed 2.3kg and now weighs 2.2 kg.

I'm afraid, I thought she would regain her normal weight now that she's eating, but it hasn't been like that, tomorrow is Sunday and I don't know if the vet will answer me.

I don't think they are parasites because her water has apple cider vinegar, and I have also been giving her garlic and onion, even lemon, right now she is in homeopathy, since the medicine was no longer working for her, and that seemed to help her with the disease respiratory.

She had diarrhea, but according to me his poops are more solid now.

Last edited:
It could very well be parasites. Check her over for lice, mites or even ticks. Also have a fecal sample read for worms which is the most likely issue.
Then if you know which species of worms she is afflicted with and then know which is the appropriate anthelmintic to use.
Depending on where you live, a vet may likely be needed. Any vet can read for worms, it depends on if they choose to do so.

Back
Top Bottom