Wild Birds Living in Chicken Coop

For obvious reasons, the quail cannot stay
While you may not want to raise Quail, this seems like a good opportunity to rethink.
If the chickens are good with the guests then I would be delighted.
As others have said, the risk of disease from wild birds is there, but if you free range of wild birds sit on top of your run etc etc the riisk is already there.
The wild birds and the chickens here have been mising for years. They often occupy the same bushes to hide from predators, eat out of the chicken food bowls the second I turn my back and have twice to my knowledge saved a chicken from a hawk by erupting from a bush in a large group and driving the hawk away.

Manchester Farms got it's start in the town where I grew up. This article can give you an idea of different ways to prepare it as well as some history of how the company was started. I'd describe the taste as certainly more robust/flavorful than chicken while only being slightly/mildly gamey.

https://www.charlestoncitypaper.com...heyre-deeply-rooted-in-sc/Content?oid=4609420
Thank you, Im going to read that article right now!:wee. The taste profile you described certainly sounds intriguing, cant wait untill we get to try:drool

Back
Top Bottom