Will the government take away your chickens?

Fowl_Odor002

Songster
8 Years
Jul 5, 2011
Mostly Here
the president signed a new executive order
the National Defense Resourses Preparedness order

he claims the right for the federal government to take control of anything the government determines it needs
"during peace times and during times of national emergency"

better hide your chickens
don't say I didn't warn you

I am just grinning at the thought of someone coming in and taking my Snowflake rooster--they would have their hands FULL!! He is mean, aggressive and bites, kicks, spurs. It would be a pretty funny scene actually...LOL!
cool.png

Last edited:
Of course they can, then we can all go down to the government food distribution center with our hat in our hand and say; "I'd like some more please. Along with that you will be handed a hammer and sickle.

You can read what Snopes said about it if you wish.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/ndrp.asp

This references something passed by congress and signed into law by Harry Truman in 1950 to deal with national emergencies. Presidents over the last 60 years have been dealing with this. George W. Bush revised the existing executive Order not once but twice.

The big difference in this and the one in effect from Bush 43 is that FEMA and Homeland Securities duties have been revised to reflect current realities. It’s a little harder for the heads of the departments to say “Not my job” when the responsibilities are written down.

[COLOR=008000]Folks this is what happens when your government no longer fears the people, a President granting himself the authority, which he doesn't have constitutionally , to take something that is not his and give it to someone else. Oh and if you resist they'll try to throw you in prison. Land of the free? Nyet comrades. Nyet. [/COLOR]

Here is a link to the actual executive order for those that really want to know what this is about.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...order-national-defense-resources-preparedness

Here is an excerpt from it. The bolding is mine.

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including the Defense Production Act of 1950, as amended (50 U.S.C. App. 2061 et seq.), and section 301 of title 3, United States Code, and as Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the United States

Yep, they should have thrown Harry Truman in jail when Congress granted him this authority in 1950 and should have tossed Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush 41, Clinton, Bush 43, and now Obama in with him when they acted on that law congress passed. All this Executive Order did was tell which branches of government are responsible for what in a national emergency. What should they be planning for so they are prepared to handle it in case it happens.

Obama making a power grab! How ridiculous. George W. Bush issued two of these Executive Orders on his watch. All Obama's did was update GWB's latest Executive Order because the FEMA and Homeland Security responsibilities have changed.

For those interested, you might study this for yourself and make your own determination of the credibility of those making these "power grab" claims. It's probably pretty clear what my opinion is, but I'd much prefer you to study it yourself and make your own determination. After all, I'm an anonymous voice on the internet. We all know how reliable that is.

Remember the Kulaks? Stalin starved the Ukraine into submission. The Soviets confiscated every grain of wheat, every chicken and duck. The people that produced the food starved, and those that survived were punished for not meeting their quota. History repeats itself in a most painful manner. Never trust government. They say they will do things for you, and then they do things to you.

From each according to their abilities (that is us), to each according to their needs (government lackys).

Never trust government.

Rufus

Our founders thought Da' Gummint was to be our servant.... not our master..... WAKE UP AND FIGHT BACK!!!

"Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: First a right to life, secondly to liberty, and thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can."
Samuel Adams

When pen and paper no longer work,it's time to to take to ball and powder. It grows old the government slowly infringing on our lives. This country really needs some sort of revolution.

Back
Top Bottom