Winter is here, Is your egg count going down or up ??? How much ??

Down, hens molting, coming back from being broody (those guys seem to be going strait to molting) and my pullets are either not laying or they are laying little eggs, can't what intell they all get to normal(or the pullets can get to laying double yokers).

Last edited:
Mine was down while everyone molted. It started climbing back up today.
woot.gif

well i have 22 laying hens and 8 are older hens around 1and a half yrs old. 14 that are 7-8 months old. the most eggs iv got in one day was 15 . back in august. 4 of the older ones are molting. and not all of the younger ones are laying yet. right now im getting 9-12 eggs a day with a light in the coop on a timer. comes on at 3am off at 7 or 8 am. they roost around 5pm. started the light about a month ago. havent seen a jump in daily eggs. yet.

Quote:
Is this going to be their first winter? Mine never missed a lick their first winter. This year we had a slow down for molting, but I'm hopeful that they'll soon be back in full swing.

I'm happy to say we are going up now. Everyone has finally finished molting, prancing around in their shiny new feathers, and we're getting more eggs than we did in the some parts of the summer. I do have a light on a timer in the coop. So glad to see the sun today after so many days of rain and drizzly. Normally beautiful October has been on the gloomy side this year.

Back
Top Bottom