Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Evening Jim!
Just a thought. I have a little electric troybuilt that I got for using in my raised beds and smaller veggie plots. Works great and even hubby likes using it but then I do have really light soil.

Anyone going to the little swap this weekend in Elcho???

evening,  I redragged the garden in a criss cross pattern..  dredged up rocks that have not seen sunlight for millions of years, if ever..I hooked onto one rock that made the tractor wheels spin.. It is still underground..

tomorrow I will rototill at least enough to plant some corn.

had no luck finding brussels sprout plants..  my fault for shopping so late..  I am noticing how tiny most of the started plants are..   heII, if that is all the bigger they have to be, I am going to start my own from now on..  I think if I started some right in the garden from seed, they would catch up to the spindley things the green houses have..

I dragged up some extra ground south of the green house.. I think Annie wants to try planting some millet seeds..  any advice how to do that ?  anybody ?   I figure to plant it sort of like grass seed..  only not quite as thick..

I am looking for a used Mantis tiller..  the new ones are out of my price range..   My bro does have one but it is in for repairs..  I offered to test it for him when he gets it back..

..........jiminwisc........

I did foxtail Millet last year it was nice and easy to harvest, not sure what kind you wanna plant, but I just scattered it about like grass seed.... it was easy cheesy, and I had millet for the chicks all winter I hung it up to dry upside down and just thrashed it into a bucket when I was getting low and added it to there scratch bin or just hung it up for them to chomp, if I was lazy and it was cold.............LOL

2013 just sucks @$$! For DH & I anyway............ We lost 2 cats & 2 bunnies so far this year. (Ok, Ramses was before X-mas, but close enough). A month ago, one of our cats was diagnosed with kidney failure, which isn't all that suprising since she is 17. But we took one of the 5 year old brothers in today (we have 3 from the same litter) because he was losing weight, and have discovered he has an enlarged heart. Not mildly enlarged, like rubbing the sides of his rib cage large!
ep.gif
I seriously need to get the water tested. And do some serious research into food. I buy expensive $h!t! Ramses had both heart & kidney failure, and that poor sweetie was only 8. I am so sick right now..................... I have to take him in tomorrow AM for an ultrasound. Sorry to be a bummer and no help in the sick chickie dept. I really have no advice to help you, but hope they all get better soon.

Hi all!
What a lot to talk about! I watched that video...I also treated mine with Tylan. It seemed to have the most to help. I was thinking that my hens that did that had gapeworm. I dont know if that was it but they got rid of it finally! See if you can look down her throat and the worms can be visible...or you could have that stinky yellow crud. (I cant remember the name right now) But if you smell her breath you will NEVER forget the smell. Just came back it's Corzya--bad stuff....

Kids are finishing their ice cream...yes I am watching them this week again. I guess Granny didnt want them. (poor kids)
Now I cant remember what else I wanted to say...oh yeah; that Farm inovator bator that I am borrowing from JJ is really great at holding temps! Every time I go downstairs I check it and it is 99.7. Very true Lisa about getting on the crazy turn it up, turn it down cycle...did that on my first hatch. Now I know better!

Kids are brushed and tucked in...now if they just go to sleep! Then I can go out and lock up and do the dinner dishes. I cant do tham while they are awake cause then they want to "help!"

I have a story to tell...as you know my black call duck was on a nest of 8 in the corner of a drawer in the top barn. So I looked at her nest this morning and there were 3 little ducks in it and an egg! I gathered up the babies (the egg was pipped but the baby was dead :( ) and went to look for the mom. She was down in the mud river with 3 more babies! Silly mama! I put the newcomers with her and they were all happy. So, when chores were done I decided that I better cage them up. I did...later they were back out! They can fit through 1x2 mesh! I added another layer around the cage. So I am walking about thinking about them and wondering where the other one went? No egg in the nest, no baby? HMMM. I went to get some hay for the goats and heard a very loud peeping. Following it I found another just hatched baby outside the barn in the horse yard trying to go back up toward the barn! He was very happy to be reunited with his sibs! So there you have it...my duck tale for tonight...and of course I have pics!
Mama before I found the lost one.

Proud Daddy...but mad cause he's not in with her.

Another proud Mama.

Spa day at Oppyland!

Hey JJ that "Buckeye" must have been from the hen that is pretty little. Do you remember if it was a nearly white egg that it came from? Is the chicken smaller than the rest the same age? I have a really tiny one that hatched out of an egg like that. It doesnt have extra toes...yet.

Vicky
hugs.gif
great advice.

And now I am going to go and b%&* some children...they are STILL awake!
he.gif

TerriOyesJimIamnowofficiallytiredofwatchingkids

Is next Sunday fathers' day ? that would be Wave's swap, right ? I would like to go.. I made it there for the past 3 years..

I could pick up your little Troy Bilt tiller from you there.. of course you could always borrow it when you needed it..

I have my DD#1 , the rummage sale queen, looking for one..

I read somewhere that millet is higher in protein than corn..

well, I think everyone around me has earned a shower,, MINE !! so I better go do it now..

.....jimwhenyoucansmellyourselfsomebodyhassmelledyouyesterday............

Any chance it's gape worm???
After you wrote that I looked it up on BYC and on YouTube. I found several chickens doing the exact same thing as mine that were cured with antibiotics. They had a URI. I also looked down her throat though and there is no sign of the worms, spots or anything unhealthy. I gave her antibiotics in her water and put her in a cat carrier in my husbands shop so no other chickens (that already haven't been) will be exposed. I got a syringe from my horse supplies and had her drink (slowly) some water to make sure she got a good dose down tonight. I went out a little bit ago and she seems to be resting ok, and fairly quietly now. She has also picked at her feed. I did read gape worms are misdiagnosed 99% of the time and it is usually a respiratory infection to blame instead. I will, however, worm all of them with Safeguard next time I do my horses. I also read that she could have something blocking her throat way down by the craw, but if I really listen and look, the gurgling really sounds like it's coming from her lungs so I guess we will see how she is doing in the morning.

Lisa

Well I can't post the video. I would have to upload onto YouTube first. Anyone who wants to see though I can email it to you...so weird...

I am posting it public on FB and will edit the link in here once it's done uploading. Please take a look and let me know if you have seen something like this before.

Here is the link to the video

How sad that sounds! Wish I knew how to help you!

Back
Top Bottom