Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

HAPPY ANNI, BIGZ AND SUZIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUCH LOVE TO YOU BOTH!
hugs.gif

Sounds good on the time, cs. Works great for me. It takes about 45 minutes to get from here to Terri's. I can bring a GF apple crisp. No shortage of apples around here this year.

Now go Pack, GO!!!!!!
wee.gif

BBQ (maybe) and apple crisp sounds great! I do not know how to cook GF although it's yummy. As the menu evolves maybe something will come to me! Deli, how long did it take us to get to CC's? I don't remember.
Anyone else coming along?

Anybody looking for a coop?

12' x 17' shed - $300 (Neenah)

00L0L_hPJN5A2X9fz_600x450.jpg

12' x 17' Shed. Needs to be moved asap. Asking $300 for a quick sale and move.

Located just south of Neenah. Please call (920) 410-8913 if any questions.

Its just about guaranteed Sprout contains soy. Its an inexpensive way to get protein levels up. Its somewhere in the plant protein products that they have listed. Most commercial chicken feeds contain soy. I work at a store that sells Purina, Land O Lakes, and a generic chicken feed. All contain soy. The only line we have that doesn't is a Cashton organic.

Good Morning to all you chickenheads! Had to jump on to say Happy Anni to Bigz and Susie! Very special friends for sure. Sounds like a hen party at TO's. Going to get some outside stuff done today before it gets any colder and whiter. Sad Pac game! Hope AR is OK! Should have some major talent returning soon. Hens are moulting getting enough eggs for us but thats it. Babykins the BA roo has filled out so nicely the last couple of months but Peatwo still won't let him have any tail feathers. Peatwo is finally getting some feathers back. Think the bumble foot infection he had traveled into his body and was driving him nuts so he pulled all the new feathers. At least I won't have to keep trying to get his little coat on. Toby and Kissy are doing good and continue to keep the mice coming in the house on the short life expectancy list. Toby is so freaking weird. Loves peanut butter, peanut butter cookies, watermelon, any cake but not icing, and he tried to take a bite out of Laura's tootsie roll the other day. Easy Bigfam. Would like to get the top of the garage sorted that would complete having the whole place gone through, get the garden tilled under, and change the bedding in the coop. Think then I'd be all set for winter. Ain't getting done sittin here.

Hi All! I posted maybe once or twice a long time ago when I first joined BYC and wanted to come back and say "HI!" :) I live in Hudson which is in St Croix County - right along the St. Croix River bordering Minnesota. We don't have any chickens... yet. We are literally days away from passing a new ordinance in Hudson to allow chickens in the city. We will be able to have just 5 hens. My oldest daughter is going to be joining 4H this month and we are so excited! She is hoping to show a hen at the fair - though we don't know much at all about poultry shows, we do show our Bernese Mountain Dog (pictured in my profile) in conformation shows :)

I'm wondering, our ordinance will take effect on January 1st. At what point should I start looking for breeders for the chickens we would like? And because we're only allowed 5 - I'm not sure how exactly we should go about this... Do we get extras because we won't know for sure if we have hens or roos? We know some family's in the country that will take the roos but I don't want to get one of each breed that I want and then a month or two months go by before I know the sex and then I'm left without that breed at all.

Here are some of what we're considering:

Cream Legbar's BBS, English Orps Splash or Blue, Lav or Splash Ameraucana, BLR Wyandotte, Black copper Maran, Welsummer's... I'm having a really hard time narrowing down to just 5. We want to have a "pretty" egg basket :) I may take off the Cream Legbar since the Ameraucana lays a blue egg and I don't know that I want two blue eggs out of my 5. Any advice???

Hope to get to know all of you better in the next few months :)

Jen

Welcome !!!! I live in Amery just a hop skip and jump north of you. If you want to ever come by and see the personalities of the breeds I have you are more than welcome! I believe I have 10 or 12 different breeds currently (total of 27 chickens) including Orps, Easter eggers, wyandottes, Maran...Also, the feed store up here usually has chicks late spring _BlackBrooKPoultry can tell you if/when/what breeds they will carry. I picked up 5 last spring (and a dozen or so for a friend) and they turned out to be beautiful birds!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom