Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

good eve,

Annie picked two ice cream bucketfuls of raspberries this afternoon,, I am eating the raspberry pies as fast as I can, but I can't keep ahead of her..

She found another nest of guinea eggs.. 43 of them,, 6 floated and I dropped one while rinsing them off.. plus one more from another nest ,, I am setting 37 ..

I put a real rope on the pop door,, it works really smoothly ..

Annie put out some mouse poison in the house.. I think one died somewhere in my room,, really getting ripe in here..

got license plates for the new (used) pick up truck today,, got it insured, too.. have to have collision with all the deer that seem to want to hit me,,

Going out for FFF tomorrow with bro Dave and my oldest sister from Cottage Grove..
she is up here for her 59th High School Reunion .. I told her it will be ca convoy of medivans, ambulances and wheel chairs..
old.gif
lau.gif
............jiminwisc....

this is my new (used) toy..

1995 Chevy 4x4 series 1500 V8 extended cab ..

was my nephews, then my bro Dave's, then nobody wanted or needed it so give it to uncle Jim..
Go ahead, break my heart ..

Nice truck Jim!
Winding down here. Zeeks blrw are like popcorn coming out of the eggs. They started a day early. Two lb are also out. Chickies are good here. Things are slowing down with t-ball and 4-h done for the year. We will be swimming and a movie tomorrow. And the rest of the weekend is not yet planned. That is the first in about 6 months! I am sure it will fill up.
Bbl4, is that swap by you this weekend? Maybe a get together? We will see :)

been busy busy..

Nice job Jim..

Welcome all new comers!!

As far as feed and bird choices for southern States..I would have no idea since I live in Wisconsin. Sorry I could not help.

I have three maybe 5 silkies for sale
the three baby cuckoos are 20 for the three
I have a pair of whites for $100

this is my new (used) toy..

1995 Chevy 4x4 series 1500 V8 extended cab ..

was my nephews, then my bro Dave's, then nobody wanted or needed it so give it to uncle Jim..
Go ahead, break my heart ..

Good to see that you finally have a reliable vehicle (or so it seems).

Our air conditioning isn't working (good thing it is cool outside). Theo chewed the insulation from the copper pipe and crimped the wires
barnie.gif
Called for service.

DD13 is flying in from Maryland tomorrow
wee.gif
She and DD11 have band camp all of next week in Williams Bay.

I've been sick for about 5 days and have yet another doctor appt tomorrow for more blood work. Symptoms: easy and excessive bruising, fever, night sweats, dizziness, impaired depth perception, and tiredness. Blood work shows mild anemia, but everything else appears normal from round one.

CS, I hope they figure it out.

Cuties, Wega swap is the third, so next weekend. I can make coffee... ;)

Dang I wish it would rain........ We are way too dry here. If it does not rain soon all the corn crop is going to be shot...

Hi All!

cs.... I hope it's not, but Lyme's? Sure hope it's something with a quick fix!

Nice truck Jim! Even if you don't use it much, trucks sure are handy yo have. This way you have a back up too.

Got my new used van today! I forgot what it was like to have some of those little things like... a radio that works, interior lights, an intact exhaust system, a rear view mirror, a working gas gage, heat and A/C plus, all the doors shut!
clap.gif
bow.gif
The seat even adjusts so I can reach the peddles!
lau.gif

No more chicks from Jasmine. I think I got 1 Marans and 1 Ameraucana. Storky got off the nest when I fed and watered, she only had 2 Marans eggs in there! I tried to find the other eggs and couldn't find them! Real weird because she's in a chicken wire and wood cage and I don't see any way for anything to get in.
sad.png

Guess that's it..... Night All!

Looks like a nice truck Jim! It's in much better shape than my '95 Ford.

I've had a bear hanging around the house this summer. He's been under the lean-to of the coop and has caused some minor damage...mostly knocking stuff over, into some feed (now put away) and he bit a chunk of foam out of my wheeler seat. So I've been putting the birds to bed early and sweeping the sand in front of the coop every night to check for tracks. I found a track yesterday but it wasn't a bear, it was a 3" wide snake trail going right under the coop. I didn't think we had any snakes here that big! I can handle the bear by putting up a hot wire if he keeps coming around but do I have to worry about the snake?? Do we have any snakes here that could hurt my birds?

Greetings Hildy!
cs, I really hope you get it all figured out.
Cind, congratsnon the new to you van!!
bbl4, I will keep you posted then :)
huntress, I could not say for sure on the snake. Possibly there is some sort of snake trap. Hopefully it was just passi g through.
Light sprinkle here. Hopefully nwe will get a little bit of actual rain.
Thank god it is Friday!

Back
Top Bottom