Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Hi All... no time to respond to post tonight ( but I did read them
wink.png
)

My DH may not be a farmer, or carpenter, or mechanic, bur he sure can negotiate a barter! I've been spending the evening cuttin' up a 8 pointer!
ya.gif
We may even get another one (he's working on it!) A friend form DH's work took his kid hunting and the kid got his first buck!... but they don't eat venison so we got it! Cost us the antlers, some "dog jerky" (I'll make from "bad meat") and a couple dozen eggs. Good deal for us!!! The only thing was this was also the kid's first field dressing... no tenderloins for us
hmm.png
. But it was a good clean kill...looks like he made a heart shot! Youngest son came over and caped and quartered it for me. He gets a back strap for that
wink.png
Well, got to go clean up for the night. Got the caucus done and I'll finish the rest up tomorrow. Can't stand anymore tonight. I'm allot slower doing it than I used to be, realized it's been 7 years since I had to one by myself.

BigZ.... watched that video... d@mn he was fast! Fast with that saw too!

H&R... hope your dog is OK

Well, night all!

Good Morning Everyone! Cind too bad about the tenderloins
hit.gif
But for his first time maybe he learned something. H&R think Jim's right could be the pain. Hope you can turn it around! Jim like your "even" rule now I just have to get someone that can count.
gig.gif
lhbh isn't that great soup. At the end of the garden harvest I made a double batch of veggie beef soup from the soup bones we get from the cow and was amazed how much meat was on them.
droolin.gif
Cooked them up and kept the broth for future use too. TO glad someone understands the way I talk. You know I expect everyone to.
lau.gif
Didn't take me long to figure out that the hole had to be on the low side, of course all 3 gal. leaked out on the fresh bedding before I caught it.
roll.png
Bigz sounds like you've got a lot going on around you, don't know the layout but maybe it'll work to your advantage soon.
fl.gif
It doesn't bother me at all not hunting but it just kills the BFF.
gig.gif
But he's starting to understand. I'm expecting the Pack to start playing like champions on Tday. Capers needs to figure out a way to reduce yardage gained! I'll tell you what the BFF and I have said to each other for years. Kill a big buck in da woods! FT you are correct I am a sicko, if there weren't rules on here....... L's feeling better she spent a couple on night's/days vicksed up and under her elec blanky sweatin like a........
duc.gif
Think I now have a gap and can get some more of that wood split today. Gonna turn my phone off.

Morning all! Taking a break from making my T-day prep list...It is looong! Sure wish I didnt have to cook at The Pines all tomorrow morning! THat is going to really mess with my schedule. I didnt count on having to pick up DD19 from Madison and also pick up DS22 from Milwaukee!!! How in the world will I be able to make a thanksgiving dinner too?
This morning I started out looking for my pistachio nuts that I bought yesterday for the green fluff--they are no where to be found in this kitchen or surrounding area...what the he((? No one has seen them (or eaten them)
he.gif
THis might be an interesting meal...
OK--gotta run to town for oranges and parsley that I forgot yesterday!
Later--Terri O

Celtic Chic: I can handle talk about horses LOL..just the hunting part day in day out replay of every one they saw, shot, killed, got away etc. We had mini horse till August when we sold them (18 yr old has 2 horse she shows all the time) Converted our mini horse barn to the new chicken coop -so its all good!!

good morning, got most of the chores done.. having a cuppa..
very damp outside this morning..

had a wierd thing just happen.. I was in bed dreaming of being at the junk yard, selling batteries and some odds and ends of metal.. then the dog started barking and I heard a motor runing.. looked out the window and saw a pick-up truck and a young guy I didn't know.. went to the door and he asked me if I had any old metal , appliances, batteries etc etc that he could take off my hands.. >?? do duu do doooo

Annie always says that I am psychic.. sometime I will have to tell you the story about her aunt and I right after we got married..

one turkey hen and my small peahen looked peaked this morning.. the peahen just stayed on the roost and even let me pet and talk to her.. I hope they were just waking up slowly..

today is just starting out goofy.. ever get the feeling that you are sort of "off-balance" and not really in charge of what is going on around you ?? Men,, I mean above and beyond being married ....

today our oldest/only son is 50 .. John Kennedy was shot 49 years ago..

I better go and comb my hair in case somebody else comes to the door.. don't want to traumatize any more strangers..

.......jiminwisc..........

Quote:
I gotta hear that story, I think I'm psychic at times too !!! My Aunt said because I was born on a Sunday, You too Jim ????

Check on the Poop of the peafowl. If it at all looks foaming and yellowish they could very well have blackhead. Chickens can have it and not show it or die from it. Peafowl will certainly die from it if not treatd. The cecal worm carries the blackhead protozoa that causes blackhead. Earthworms are carriers of the cecal worm. Vicious cycle unless you deworm them with Valbazen or another wormer that kills the cecal worm. Wazine only kills the roundworm.
Just a thought. Hope they are feeling better soon. If you have ny cayenne pepper, put a bunch of it in thei feed. It is suppose to help treat the blackhead but won't do anythig for the cecal worm. Would buy you time in case it is blackhead. Peafowl get blackhead just like the turkeys do.

Anyway, here is something off topic that I think you all may get a kick out of reading.

Lexiphiles (i.e., "lovers of words" you know . . . . like . . .. you can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish . . . or, I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger . . . .. then it hit me . . . .etc.). Well, here we go!.

To write with a broken pencil is . . . pointless.
When fish are in schools they sometimes . . . take debate.
A thief who stole a calendar . . . got twelve months.
When the smog lifts in Los Angeles . . . U.C.L.A.
The professor discovered that her theory of earthquakes . . . was on shaky ground.

The batteries were given out . . . free of charge.
A dentist and a manicurist married . . . They fought tooth and nail.
A will is a . . . dead giveaway.
If you don't pay your exorcist . . . you can get repossessed.
With her marriage, she got a new name . . . and a dress.

Show me a piano falling down a mineshaft and I'll show you . . . A-flat miner.
You are stuck with your debt if . . . you can't budge it.
Local Area Network in Australia : . . . The LAN down under.
A boiled egg is . . . hard to beat.
When you've seen one shopping center . . . you've seen a mall.

Police were called to a day care where a three-year-old was . . . resisting a rest.
Hear about the fellow whose whole left side was cut off? . . . He's all right now.
If you take a laptop computer for a run you could . . .. jog your memory.
A bicycle can't stand alone; . . . it is two tired.
In a democracy it's your vote that counts; in feudalism, . . . it's your Count that votes.

When a clock is hungry . . .. it goes back four seconds
The guy who fell onto an upholstery machine . . . was fully recovered.
He had a photographic memory . . . which was never developed.
Those who get too big for their britches will be . . . exposed in the end.
When she saw her first strands of gray hair . . . she thought she'd dye.

Acupuncture: . . . a jab well done.

Quote:

You are just to funny !!! I can just see you answering the door this morning !!!!
gig.gif
Most of my days are like that, it is only on occasion that I have a day that my mind is clear. Call it fibro fog, or the new one that I can use is Chemo Brain or is it Chemo Head. That stuff sticks with ya !!!! Well, hey at least I have an excuse !!!
lau.gif

Quote:
Howdy! I'm just a tad south-er and central-er than you, but also in ROCK CO. Good to know someone on BCY nearby.

I don't know anyone here - being pretty new to BYC - in the Cheesehead thread, so you'll be the first one I "recognize".

How much property? How many chickens? How long have you been raising them -- for eggs or meat or what? Am I nosey or what?

We're 'tween Orfordville and Beloit on 30 acres. and we're just a bit off the highway that connect us - 213. I had chickens some 25 years ago. Now that I'm retired I decided to get a few for eggs (and meat). Have a pretty big veggie garden every year and do a lot of canning. Some dehydrating and freezing. I'm hoping to move that to mostly dehydrating.

Talk at you/to you more later.

Love, Linn B (aka Smart Red) Gardening zone 5a - 4b in south-est, central-est Wisconsin

hi linn b - I'm pretty close to you in Fort Atkinson. I do not have chickens as of yet- I have my coop plans and some of the materials so come spring I will be inviting my BYC friends over to help me build so it stays standing and protects the girls. I'll provide the food and beverages..doesn't that sound like a day full of fun??!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!
love.gif

good afternoon, it was/is another fine day in wisconsin..

I got the six goose eggs set to make it a total of ten.. then when I got home a few minutes ago, Annie presented me with 4 more eggs.. I will be putting them into the bator in a few minutes. Now I am sure that two of the Toulouse are laying also.. no way can the Sebs lay two eggs each in one day.. I am not really looking forward to more Toulouse geese.. Oh well, maybe I can sell them come spring..

How long do you think I can house them in the bottom of the cockatiel cage ? it is 36 inches diameter.

I don't know what day I was born.. I don't have a perpetual calander or a 1942 calander, either.. sept 11, 1942 all I know is that whatever day my birthday falls on during the week, Christmas will be on the same day of the week, 3 1/2 months later.

gotta go lock up the birds..

.........jiminwisc..........

Back
Top Bottom