World Egg Day Hatchalong!(October 12, 2012 is World Egg Day!)

I had no idea there was an actually Egg Day!

I've got eggs in the incubator that were scheduled to hatch tomorrow(wellnow today i guess!) but I had 3 hatch a day early. Hope no one minds if I post a picture of 2 of the early babies. Blue/black one is a Nittany Wyandottes baby, the other is from my own Wyandotte flock... look at the floofy booty on him!
love.gif

Even at less than 1 day old,I would bet money on the whiteone being a roo... it's huge!

For one, they are adorable! but when I sex, I actually find that the roosters tend be be the smaller slow feathering chicks and then however many weeks later they suddenly pass the females up and develop combs and wattels.

I've had to put a blanket over mine yesterday and last night. It really worked!

I have 6 out, 3 were after 12AM, so World Egg Day Chicks ;) And 4 more to go (I hear peeps still) So... Happy World Egg Day to Everyone!!!
celebrate.gif
Congratulations cluck-cluck
wee.gif

Day 19 here and lots of twitching but no peeps or pips yet.

I never see the eggs move on their own!! I guess I have them too tightly packed, LOL. There is a little bit of a a slope to the wire they hatch on, and so I lay them big head "up" and tuck 'em next to eachother?? LOL Would love to see them wiggle on their own though. Still have some left, I'll watch 'em more today
lau.gif

I never see the eggs move on their own!! I guess I have them too tightly packed, LOL. There is a little bit of a a slope to the wire they hatch on, and so I lay them big head "up" and tuck 'em next to eachother?? LOL Would love to see them wiggle on their own though. Still have some left, I'll watch 'em more today
lau.gif
I guess I just watch them too much. I work from home and they're on my desk. I am now (with positive thinking) referring to them as "my six girls".
lau.gif
We'll see.

Here's my 2 that hatched yesterday they are all dry and fluffy!! Still waiting on the other one to do something. I thought I only had 1 hen laying but the little buff/red colored one is the first one to look like that and all the other chicks have had black skin. the other one is unknown the mom is a silkie/cochin mix and the dad is either a silkie roo or a mf belgian d'uccle roo any body want to guess the dad for me?

I've had to put a blanket over mine yesterday and last night. It really worked!

I have 6 out, 3 were after 12AM, so World Egg Day Chicks ;) And 4 more to go (I hear peeps still) So... Happy World Egg Day to Everyone!!!
celebrate.gif
Congrats on your fuzzy Butts I hope my last one hatches so I will have one hatch on world egg day

Back
Top Bottom