World Egg Day Hatchalong!(October 12, 2012 is World Egg Day!)

Update on eggs one more week till lockdown I had set six quail eggs, and twenty four mixed breed chicken eggs eight of which were refrigerator eggs. Two says ago I candled them all and pulled one fridge and three reg chicken eggs showing no signs of development and no quail eggs. The rest are developing well as far i can tell.

Has everybody's eggs hatched? hope all is doing well when is the winner of the chick contest gonna be announced? Would like to see fuzzy butt pics.
frow.gif

I only recieved 2 pics each for the last tweo contests, but posted the voting polls anyway. they are up in the Online chicken show section of the forums. Head on over and vote!

The one chick i had hatch from the hatch along died.
hit.gif
Out of the 48 eggs I set for this past weekend I had 6 hatch. I am not getting good numbers. Alot of detached air cells. Wish I could find what I am looking for localy.

Oh, I'm so sorry! I had really bad luck too with my Seramas, but not with those kind of numbers! I think the best thing to do is find someone as close as possible to where you live. The closer the better. Serama eggs don't like being shipped at all! I recently set 24 eggs and less than 2 weeks in, I only have 11 still going. But I'm really happy I have 11 and am really hoping they hatch!
fl.gif

Keep looking, if you find someone like 150 miles away, that'd be really good!

The one chick i had hatch from the hatch along died.
hit.gif
Out of the 48 eggs I set for this past weekend I had 6 hatch. I am not getting good numbers. Alot of detached air cells. Wish I could find what I am looking for localy.

Sorry, I too have horrible experience with shipped eggs. My first batch was 14 eggs for $40 and only 2 developed. The second batch was 13 eggs for $55 and only 3 developed. I plan on going at it one last time, but only because I can't get the birds that I want any where near me. A lot of people are willing to sell hatching eggs aorund us, but if you want any special breed and color, you need to go online. Maybe try craigslist for something local. If you aren't too fussy on breed and color, ask some of your local farmers. Almost all of my neighbors have chickens and they are all willing to sell a few eggs (just not the breed I want). Also, if you buy some cheap eggs from a local farmer, it'd give you practice incubating and you could always sell the chicks if you don't like the particular breed.

I have someone that is hatching out her seramas for me then shipping chicks to me. One of the people is sending me new eggs for the price of shipping. I am very grateful, because I know it was all trouble with shipping and not her fault at all. I have some swedish flower hens in the bator and out of 8 eggs 7 are developing nicely. Can't beat those numbers for shipped eggs! I will be happy with anythig I get though.

Back
Top Bottom