worm issue

Well here's an update on the 6 pullets, they are all thriving and couldn't get a picture tonight as was already dark when i got home, but was looking for them as they weren't where they usually sleep. Found them in the second side of the coop up on the shelf with a couple of the older hens all snuggled in. will try to beat em up tomorrow but no promises they usually beat the rooster up so they can get feed before everyone else lol, as hurting to bad to find the flash light so can get a picture.

Last edited:
It's easier to order Valbazen online, Jefferspet.com
You're going to have to reworm your birds after the initial dosing and again in the future. The 500ml bottle will last you a long time and normally has a 2-3 year expiration date.
Dose each pullet 1/2cc orally using a syringe without a needle. Repeat again in 10 days. Valbazen treats all types of worms that chickens can get. It'll treat tapeworms but requires higher and frequent dosings and withholding feed.
I ordered the bigger 500 ml bottle from allivet, but wasn't paying 25 extra to get it here in 2-3 days, and can go get it if I figure out how much I need right now to dose the 6 chicks that weight 1 lb each the vet will dispense by the ml and could get them treated today

will get pen cleaned and sanitized 2 times daily while treating them is that going to be enough?
here is a picture of when I brought them home

Attachments

• 69741904_2431002983847373_2575546794826006528_n.jpg
    69741904_2431002983847373_2575546794826006528_n.jpg
    655.3 KB · Views: 13
day 3 we are using the .024, and they are refusing to drink it , not seeing any more bloody poops is it ok to go ahead and go to the preventative now with them not willing to take the higher dosage and no more bloody poops?

Are you making fresh Corid water everyday? I've never had any problems with birds not drinking Corid water.
How are they refusing to drink? Are you measuring the water that you put out there?
Yes I am making it fresh each morning, and based on what they drank today from their waterer and observations from checks on them, last 2 days they finished and I refilled their waterers, today saw each of them only take a couple of drinks and water was still the same amount of water come evening. they drank maybe 2 cups compared to a almost a gallon previous 2 days.

Stress wouldn't cause this from being dosed with the Valbazen this morning would it?

Last edited:
No I am using Valbazen for the worms, on day 4 of treatment lowered it to .12 today on day 4 and they are drinking it much better than at the .24, will continue this dosage, Poops are looking normal with exception of one, and this morning noticed 2 good size worms had some how gotten into the waterer and dead, so cleaned it out and and added the new batch of corid for the coccidosis. as they still have tomorrow to be dosed with the corid getting butter milk and yogurt for them on hand. After they finish should I give them vitamins too or wait until after they are re-dosed?

**Chicks are all looking much better today than they have and are getting used to being handled a bit better

Day 5 of treatment with corid, flock is looking good bright eyed and active, but still have one that is now hunching back and tail feathers are down, all poops are looking normal now.

Should I start them on the rice and buttermilk or should I wait until after second dose next week of the Valnbazen? This afternoon they appeared to be eating and drinking better than previous days

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom