Worming chickens

winonajane

Hatching
9 Years
Apr 24, 2010
I just bought a banty chicken that after buying her the lady said she has worms and needs wormwood for 10 days. I took her to the feed store and he had never heard of wormwood so I bought liquid wormer from him that is for chickens. I have 3 3month old chicks and don't want to put them together until she is dewormed. The lady said they get worms from eating earthworms. The label on the liquid wormer says one ounce to one gallon of water. I only want to make 2 cups since its only 4 chickens and they only drink it one day. I think that computes to 1/8th an oz but I don't know how to measure that. I know that 5mls is one teaspoon. Does anyone know how many mls to put in for the correct ratio? I don't want to make it too strong or too weak and I already took them off water tonite like the label said. I will check my emails in the am. going to bed now. I hope someone out there is smarter at math than me. Thanks for any help. Jane

There are 29.57352965 milliliters in one fluid ounce... So for an 1/8 of an ounce, maybe use 1/4 teaspoon.. I wouldn't think it would hurt anything to be off by just a tad.
No, wait. If 5 ml is one teaspoon and there are 29.5 ml in an ounce then 1 teaspoon would be just about what you would need. Sorry, it's late and I can't sleep. Or think for that matter.

Last edited:
It would be easier to get a 1 gallon plastic container and put one ounce of the wazine in with the 1 gallon of water. You'll need to worm your chickens again in the future anyway, so why go thru the math headache?

Last edited:
Its piperzine and I didn't know hpw long it would last mixed up. If a gallon mixed will keep for 6 months, I am on board.

She didn't say what worm, justthat it had worms. There was another drug referred to by another answerer. If it is more broad spectrum I want to use it. Havr anyone ever heard of wormwood. Its an organic cure.

Piperzine/wazine, same same. The most common worm found in chickens is roundworms. Since you already know your banty has worms, that means she has an infestation. Organic wormers are useless against an infestation. You need to use wazine/piperzine to get rid of the worms! After your chickens go to bed at night, remove their water and replace it with the wazine water for them to drink the next morning. It must be their only source of water for 24 hours. After 24 hours, dump the wazine water and replace with regular fresh water. Throw away the eggs in the garbage for 2 weeks. As I stated before, mix one ounce of wazine/piperzine to one gallon of water and follow the above instructions. Then once you've done this, PM me and I'll tell you how to reworm them in 2 weeks with a different wormer.

Back
Top Bottom