Worsening leg problem

Pekinmomma

In the Brooder
Nov 1, 2017
I posted back in the summer about my pekin with a leg problem. I took her to the vet last summer and was told it was a sprain since the xray did not show anything more. I gave her anti-inflammatory meds he prescribed but it didn' t improve. Vet doesn' t know what else to do. She has always limped on it, quite badly but was able to get around with use of her wings as balance and assistance to go forward. In the last 2 weeks, she wont even try to leave the pen into the yard and the foot is curled up in a ball and she will stand on the ankle with the foot behind her balled up. If I straighten the foot she will stand on it but cannot walk from that stand and tips over. Doesnt seem to be hurting her but animals often hide their pain. She is eating/drinking/acting normally otherwise. I'm thinking it's an issue with nerves as humans have a similar issue but I don' t know. If the vet can't help, I'm looking to all of you for any advice. I tried all of your suggestions in the past with food additives but they didn' t help. She eats layer pellets and veggies everyday. No visible swelling or injury then or now. Any ideas? TIA!

Yes Pekinmomma. Do you have a YouTube or Vimeo account? If you have a picture you can upload the picture on here.

Screenshot_20180504-130400.png

Wow....cant believe that worked. Ok, well here she is standing near her small pool. I have video of her trying to walk but it says file too big.

Yes Pekinmomma. Do you have a YouTube or Vimeo account? If you have a picture you can upload the picture on here.
I made a vimeo account and I have video but I can' upload it here because it says file is too big. It' 23 seconds long.

Back
Top Bottom