Would You Be Mad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I talked to him this morning and he said he thought it made him look impartial, as it is what he would have done had anyone else been applying.

I told him that it just made me look bad. It made it look like he had no confidence in me. It planted the seed of doubt about my abilities as an employee. (If her manager husband doesn't think she can do it.....)

I don't know. I had no doubts about his support until now. Now I am wondering if he wants me chained to the house.

I want an apology! But as of yet, none has been offered.

hehehehehe poor schmuck, I hope he can handle the wrath.

AL

He either doesn't really want you to get back into the workforce, or maybe he just doesn't want you working where he works.

These were my first thoughts.

Trying to be impartial like that IS something my hubby would do though. LOL​

Quote:
I hate to say it but I would immediately begin to wonder about the other woman. Sorry, I have known too many innocent spouses to get waylaid by a cheating spouse not to be a tiny bit suspicious.

I would at least have to ask my spouse if he had a crush on this woman.

Maybe he was trying to be impartial, but I would still want to shake him.

Last edited:
Would you be mad if you didn't have the "insider" information you have?

If so, be mad. If not, let it be. This sort of thing is the reason a lot of companies don't allow the hiring of family members- it causes problems at work and home and they don't want to get into it.

Try for a similar position someplace else- might be better for the home life.

Quote:

i would be very angry too. my dh and i used to work togeather, in the same dept even. never had 1 problem. 2 or three other couples worked htere as well. best thing was they all usually had the best attendance. and me and dh car pooled, another benifit, In fact my EX dh is the one who got me the job, lol. (me and dh starting dating while working there) Also i have worked several places with Ex dh, never had a problem.
that was for all the naysayers, now OP. my dh wants me to work he SAYS, but then he completely sabotages me. when i get a job, he calls and harrasses me all day, or he'll pick fights when i get home. he'll give me a million and one psuedo-ligitamite reasons as to why he hates me job, 1 not enuf hours, 2 too many hours, 3 not enuf pay, 4 its too far. 5 its too early 6 its too late 7 he misses me.

so i gave up. the bottem line is that he wants me home but just doesnt want to admit it. he doesnt like doing housework or taking care of the kids. Hopefully your dh isnt pulling the same stuff, but it could be a possibility. watch what happens and just keep it in mind, it took me 3 years to realize this with my dh. i got laid off and every job i applied for he had a comment about, THATS how i figured it out.

Quote:
Okay, I was livid because of your first post, but this is ridiculous. No apology at all? Sorry if this offends, but what on earth is wrong with him? Even if he thinks he did nothing wrong, there's no reason an apology shouldn't have been the first words out of his mouth. There's absolutely no excuse for it.

I would not want my wife and I to work at the same place. Eggs in one basket thing first. Secondly no way would I want my wife to supervise me or me to supervise her in our chosen professions.
Now as for the interferance thing and that is what he did, he interferred in your job interview process. HE NEEDS HIS BUTT BEAT.
My wife and I talk to each other about our jobs, even seek advice from each other. My wife is recently retired so it is past tense in concerns to her job. I am still employed and will be for a while yet. That said, no way could I even imagine my wife having anything to do with my job. And as for me, just for a minute thinking I would send a job application in for my wife behind her back. Truly that is what nightmares are made of.
But some thoughts come to mind--- last time I put in a job ap it required my signature. How in the world did your husband get a valid signature on the ap that he turned in on your behalf?
I would be mad as he-- no I'd be even madder than that. I'd feel betrayed, lied to, all the things that would lead me to not even wanting to be around that person any longer. And I'd be mad for a danged long long long time.

WOW! I would be totally ticked off! I mean i can see if you were applying in the same dept as the DH. Is she single mom? Maybe only one income, that's why he did it????

OH, i'd kill my hubby !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom