Would You Be Mad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I see what you're saying, but I think he should have told her how he felt about it (if he did not already).

I worked for a doctor's office where no family was allowed to work. The doc's couldn't have their wives work there full time, or other family members. Sometimes the kids would come in as teenagers to file, but a few hours a year wasn't considered "working for the office". And many places won't hire family member of employees. There are too many problems. But the OP's hubby should have just said that from the get-go.

he isnt interested in this other lady is he?
i would be wondering about that.
at any rate, he is a total jerk for doing that to you.

smack.gif

He encouraged me to apply. He said that he knows I am going nuts being home all the time, especially since we moved to the sticks almost a year ago.

We would not have worked in the same department. We would not have worked at the same times.

I do feel betrayed, and now the question is what to do about it.

NO !!!!! Let it go, and give him a big hug, forgive my dear forgive.

AL

Yup..I'd be mad if he didnt talk to me about it first...Thats pretty low down..

Quote:
Valid concerns such as?

Such as, if one spouse has a conflict with another employee, attitude gets thrown to said other employee by the other spouse. Or favors done for the wife/husband as a favor to the husband/wife, like holidays off, better hours, etc. It just causes too many problems. And whether or not claims of nepotism are valid, empolyees will make a stink out of it and cause problems with management.

Quote:
Yes I would be hurt and absolutely livid. If he didn't want you to have the job for whatever reason, he should have told you about it and explained himself from the beginning. Some businesses allow family members to work in the same place, others have policies that don't allow it. Whatever it is, it would have been better if he was honest with you.

If my DH did that to me it would be WW3 in my house.

I am so sorry honey. It certainly sounds like you were the better choice for the job.
Please make certain he doesn't have other interests in this woman, I would ask him flat out. Seems odd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom