Writing article! Need your brooder photos!

8EF56B1D-35C7-4F69-B0DF-428A0916F9F8.jpeg

My outdoor brooder….a wire x-pen lined with hardware cloth at the bottom, set up in our outdoor run. For heat we use Mama Heating Pad, even when our springtime chick season temps are still in the twenties, dropping into the teens. The adults can walk around the brooder on three sides - here is DumbDaphneTheFlockComplainer at the front watching the chicks and behind the brooder is Ida. The chicks learn to be chickens by watching the adults and the adults grow used to the chicks so quickly that I let them mingle at 2 weeks, spend all day together at 3 weeks, and have total integration, with the brooder pen and MHP removed completely, at 4 weeks. Works flawlessly every time, every batch, every year.

i use a bin as a brooder for my ducklings, the only problem is its only for the first week and then need more space lol

Attachments

• 06E8453F-5C9C-487C-8AB9-1652855EA0C4.jpeg
    06E8453F-5C9C-487C-8AB9-1652855EA0C4.jpeg
    611.3 KB · Views: 3
Bathtub. They were in it for about three days, then started jumping on top of the wool hen box. The picture of the chick headed into purple wool strips in the first post is a close up of them in the bathtub.

They then moved to a garment box (the biggest moving box) on its side. I don't think I have a good picture of that.

Attachments

• 03DD02D8-34E0-412B-A215-61EE1255DA6B.jpeg
    03DD02D8-34E0-412B-A215-61EE1255DA6B.jpeg
    301.6 KB · Views: 3
Thank you all so much! I'm now moving on the setting up your brooder. I'd love photos/ideas of feeder and waterer hacks! So far I like the cookie tray idea, and love this idea shown below-
images 4.25.10 PM.jpeg

Any images like this of feeders or waterers are helpful! This is a Google image, so I can't use it for the article.
Also, I'd love some input on your favorite brooder bedding! Theres so many options I'd love to cover a lot of them.
Anyone have any experience using

Shavings
Straw
Hemp
Sand
Paper Towels
Or other bedding options!

Thanks for the photos and input!

Thank you all so much! I'm now moving on the setting up your brooder. I'd love photos/ideas of feeder and waterer hacks! So far I like the cookie tray idea, and love this idea shown below-
View attachment 2976369
Any images like this of feeders or waterers are helpful! This is a Google image, so I can't use it for the article.
Also, I'd love some input on your favorite brooder bedding! Theres so many options I'd love to cover a lot of them.
Anyone have any experience using

Shavings
Straw
Hemp
Sand
Paper Towels
Or other bedding options!

Thanks for the photos and input!
I use puppy training pads

Back
Top Bottom