Wyoming Unite!!!!

Pics
Hello back & Thank You, is this by chance Kathy Smith from Buffalo out on Red Horse Ranch Rd by the walk in area? too funny if so as I just joined up,

You got it! (now you blew my cover)
big_smile.png

Thank You and nice too meet you! I know of Cowley, we visited with a real estate agent from there when we where looking for places to buy around the Lovell area, but as fate has it we landed the other side of the Horns, on a small horse acreage south of Buffalo. I am born and bred Wyomingite, and my fiance is a transplant, but vows to never live outside the state and I will definately hold him to that, as we recently returned after having lived in horrible ND for 3yrs, and myself spent 6mo in the hill country of TX working for a racehorse vet.
How did you come to call Cowley home?
Boy, that's such a long story that I could almost write a book! Ken's family has owned this corner lot in Cowley, complete with the now much-outdated 1976 single wide mobile home, for many, many years - since before the trailer was even bought brand new. His aunt and uncle owned the lot and bought the home, then Ken's grandparents bought it from them. Ken's grampa died and Gramma lived in it alone. Ken's mom and stepdad bought it from her so she could continue to live in it with no expenses until she moved to Rose City West. Another aunt and uncle lived in the trailer next door but they had recently divorced so Mom and Dad let her move into it while he bought and moved another home across the street. Her living here didn't work out well, so shortly after Ken retired from the Navy Mom and Dad offered it to us for a song and with terms we couldn't refuse.

I was raised in Eastern South Dakota but traveled with Ken for his entire 26 year Navy career. We hooked up on a fluke - he was on leave visiting a friend in South Dakota, we met, and 6 days later I had my diamond! He was born in Sheridan and raised on a ranch near Pinedale so when he confessed to missing his mountains after retirement and his parents offered us this place I figured that for all those years I'd managed to make a home no matter where the Navy sent us, so as long as he was happy, I was happy.

We moved here 18 years ago next month. I love it in Cowley. I've been on the Planning and Zoning Commission and now serve on the Town Council. Not bad for a non-LDS outsider, but for this being an almost completely Mormon community I must say that I have never felt as much instant acceptance as I have right here! What a friendly, warm, happy place to be. Shortly after we moved here, my son and daughter-in-law bought the place across the street (the one once owned by man Ken's aunt divorced) and their first daughter, our beloved granddaughter, was born here. They just added another little daughter to their household two years ago. My daughter and her son followed a few years after, and they live two blocks down.

See, be careful what question you ask - you might get a full answer!
wink.png

Oh my, thats ok stories are great. its nice to be able to meet people around the state. am learning its a small world.
And knowing your hubby spent some time around Pinedale, my mother has a little chunk of land just west in some upity recreation estate subdivision. they bought they acreage and some old broke town one room cabin, they love it up there when they get a chance to go up. Both live in Rock Springs now, I was raised in Green River, so we spent lots of time in the Winds, as well as any mountain range within a half days drive.
So, how bout your chickies?

Hi Again RedHorseRanch, I discovered I can edit pasts post, so as to not blow covers LOL opps ;)
Yes, this site is fun, been researching about caponizing - with my veterinary background of companion animal, as well as larger livestock surgery, I think it would be awesome to learn for myself.

Oh my, thats ok stories are great. its nice to be able to meet people around the state. am learning its a small world.
And knowing your hubby spent some time around Pinedale, my mother has a little chunk of land just west in some upity recreation estate subdivision. they bought they acreage and some old broke town one room cabin, they love it up there when they get a chance to go up. Both live in Rock Springs now, I was raised in Green River, so we spent lots of time in the Winds, as well as any mountain range within a half days drive.
So, how bout your chickies?
Um, I have 22. There, a shorter answer! LOL The ranch where Ken grew up was actually closer to Boulder - 5 miles west of Boulder, to be precise, but I usually just say Pinedale because more people are familiar with it. .

Back
Top Bottom