Wyoming Unite!!!!

Royal Palms are such pretty birds...thanks for some new photos Bob!
Thank you.

During antelope season a small herd of antelope moved into the neighborhood. This straggler stayed behind for a couple of weeks after the herd left.
full

full

full

full

full

We've been watching them move off the golf course grounds, then pass through the yards up here and then move on.

The deer having been moving in as the antelope move out. So we're kind of in the middle of 2 migrations :)

I wish I had gotten a picture, opening morning of antelope season there were 25 of them standing next to our corral and drinking from the horse tank. 15 pickup trucks with hunters parked next to the state land at the back of our property and all the antelope stayed up here in our pasture where it was safe. :D

I wish I had gotten a picture, opening morning of antelope season there were 25 of them standing next to our corral and drinking from the horse tank. 15 pickup trucks with hunters parked next to the state land at the back of our property and all the antelope stayed up here in our pasture where it was safe. :D

Smart!

I was wondering does anyone here in Wyoming hatch and raise silkies? I would like to get maybe one or two in the spring. Also light brahma chickens?
On a side note, I couldn't keep my chickens in their coop in the snow. did have one freeze to death because he was under the coop and I didn't see him when I usually lock them up.
So grateful for the warmer weather!

I was wondering does anyone here in Wyoming hatch and raise silkies? I would like to get maybe one or two in the spring. Also light brahma chickens?
On a side note, I couldn't keep my chickens in their coop in the snow. did have one freeze to death because he was under the coop and I didn't see him when I usually lock them up.
You missed it. Last week there was an ad on craigslist from someone in Dubois that was giving away Silkies.

I raised Light Brahmas one year to cross with White Laced Red Cornish. Now I am working on Rose Comb Legbars. I also keep a few White Leghorns to cross with a Cream Legbar rooster. That cross makes a Sapphire which lay light blue eggs that are large to extra large with nearly the laying frequency of the White Leghorn mothers.

Sorry about your frozen chicken.

Last edited:

Sorry about your loss.

I haven't looked for either of those breeds, but maybe they'll show up on the buy-sell-trade forum at some point?

Back
Top Bottom