ya'll are gunna be like, duh . . .

fallenweeble

Songster
12 Years
Dec 4, 2007
so, i don't know why i waited so long but i finally ate two of the eggs my girls started laying last week.

i scrambled two of them in my microwave with a little milk and they were delicious.
there really IS a difference between store bought and homegrown eggs (yup, there's the "duh" part right?).

it's just so very cool to be able to eat something produced in your own home/on your own property. now between the orange trees and the chickens i'll always have breakfast no matter what!

as long as i have space to have them i will always keep pet chickens. i'm a lifer for sure now!

aw always good to see yet another peeps succumb
big_smile.png

It really isn't an experience you can just tell others about and have them understand! Collecting those eggs and thinking of them as a food source is really an incredible thing only those of us that actually raise chickens can really understand!! I bet we can all totally relate to the duh moment!! I always say, "thanks for the eggs girls"!
smile.png

Scrambled Egg - Me too... I always tell my girls how beautiful and what good girls they are and how beautiful their eggs are. Then I Thank them for laying such nice eggs. DH thinks I am goofy!

We've been buying free range eggs at our local food co-op since our hens stopped laying. Last night we visited a friend who gave us a dozen of her backyard eggs. Even between the co-op eggs, which come from a small farm that belongs to another friend and are truly free range, the yolks stood up taller and were much more orange. Even I had forgotten how much better the truly fresh backyard eggs were!

Weeble, don't even bother putting milk in those eggs. They fluff up nicely without it!
smile.png
There is such a difference between a store bought egg and an egg from my girls. The scrambled eggs are so fluffy and light. I think our girls give us good eggs because they love us!
tongue.png

Congratulations on learning the distinct difference. It's unbelievable - isn't it? I'm hooked too! And some of my hens lay better eggs than others. I've got a RIR who lays small eggs with yolks that are very dark orange and super good!

I also find that they work much better in recipes. Who would have guessed since big biz tries to pull the wool over our eyes!
barnie.gif

Weeble, don't even bother putting milk in those eggs. They fluff up nicely without it!

I thought that it was amazing to go out and pick a tomato off the vine, But now that I go out and pick eggs, there is nothing better.

I had my first omelet the other day, I like sunny side over, and I did not need to add anything, Carribrown is right, they fluff up so high it is amazing.

Welcome to the club!!
jumpy.gif
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif

I think anytime you add a huge number of chickens or anything you lose flavor and quality. I bet the people who have the eggs at the co-op don't have time to take treats out to their girls, and there probably isn't a lot of green grass left to eat either. That's what I keep telling DH, our broilers will taste better because we are doing fewer.

Back
Top Bottom