1. neener92

neener92 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2009
    My coop is being built! I will get pictures as soon as it is done, it's for my older chicks who can't quite free range safely yet. I am soooo excitedd! [​IMG]

2. Beth G.

Beth G. Gaetano Family Farm

Quote:[​IMG]

3. crawfordmama

crawfordmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    The Lakes Region, NH
    It's so exciting, isn't it? Enjoy the thrill now, because you may get stressed about the move (if it's their first time in a coop). [​IMG]

4. bigdogmom130

bigdogmom130 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    I'm getting ready to expand mine and it's still just as exciting as when we did the first one! Good luck with yours and post pics! [​IMG]

5. mgw

mgw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Eastern Wa.
    [​IMG] so happy for you.[​IMG]

6. BankerJohn

BankerJohn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Lecanto, Florida
    I remember that feeling [​IMG]
    Congratulations. Please post pictures and tell us what you are using for your watering and feeding systems.

7. neener92

Aug 30, 2009
    Here are a few pictures. It still needs painted to match all our barns (red with white trim). I'm not worried about anything getting in there to them because my dogs guard my chickens, I never lose any til they go broody wayyyy up in the woods where the dogs can't watch them or in our hay barn where the dogs can't get in to kill coons. So, this is just a little cage to keep them in so they don't get lost or get picked on by my big birds, when they are old and big enough they will graduate to the big chicken, pig, goat, sheep, and calf barn! Then when all my babies grow up and I decide who I'm keeping I can use it as a breeder pen!

One of my little roos.
    [​IMG]

Bentley my blue heeler watching the chickiess! You can see my waterer in there.
    [​IMG]

Feeder blocks.
    [​IMG]

Older birdies eating breakfast.
    [​IMG]

8. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Looks purty sturdy to me!

9. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Could you explain a bit more about those "feeder blocks?" Are those just split concrete blocks? And why are you using those, as well as how.... Thanks!!

10. neener92

Aug 30, 2009
    Yea, I'm trying to find something else to use, they throw the feed out with these or I might make it so they can stick their head through to eat out of these. Yes, they are some split concrete blocks. They worked much better when they were in their big brooder (large dog crate) with these on the outside (they could just stick their head through and eat).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by