Yearlings needing new homes.

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by scbatz33, Mar 14, 2011.

1. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    Hey all. As some of you may know, I have a couple too many horses. I am looking to find homes for my two yearling fillies. These girls are thoroughbreds. They are in the process of being registered with the Jockey Club. They will also be registered PA bred. They can be raced. They can be raced in PA bred only races in PA.

I am hoping to find someone who is looking for a good horse - whether they race or not. Yes, they will have to be broke and trained. But on the up side, they have no "vices" put into place by the previous rider!

"Soapy" was foaled 4/30/10. Her registered name should be "songs and Suds" (Jockey Club has the final say though).
    She is out of MMSBUFFANDSTUFF by Quarry. She is sired by Show Tune, a son of Unbridled's Song.
    She is a blood bay. Nice compact little filly. The mare is very QH type.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mare's pedigree: http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/mmsbuffandstuff
    Sire's
    pedigree: http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/index.php?query_type=horse&horse=SHOW+TUNE3&g=5&cellpadding=0&small_font=1&l=

"Dory&quot
    ; was foaled 5/15/10. Her registered name should be "Zen's Final Voyage".
    She is out of Go On Zen by Zen. She is sired by Wiseman's Ferry, a son of Hennessey.
    She is a grey/roan. Very leggy and likes to be out in front.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mare's pedigree: http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/go+on+zen
    Sire's
    pedigree: http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/wisemans+ferry

Both
    girls have been trimmed, wormed and vaccinated. For more info, including asking price, contact me.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  2. paddock36

paddock36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    Very pretty, but I don't think I could sneak by my neighbors with back yard horses.

3. welsummerchicks

welsummerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    I hope someone really jumps on these because they all look like they will be very nice adults.

They are all a little different in type - I think the first one will be a more solid type - she has a beautiful hind quarter.

The unmarked bay I hope no one overlooks her because of having no white markings - because again, what a super long gorgeous hind quarter and going to have a big power plant on that one. Beautiful shoulder and really nice bone. Don't misinterpret the photo - I will bet you her hock angles are very good, she's just standing with her hind feet placed forward.

Then there is the cherry bay with the longer coat and a little tan in her mane. The first thing you notice is that big long shoulder - that's very good. She looks both refined and compact. Very very nice.

Then the chestnut Dory by Wiseman's Ferry. I can't get much of a good look at her from the pics - all I can see is a compact, well proportioned elegant animal. I THINK the last few photos are also of Dory - she gives me the idea she will be just a little more square/compact than her sire, which I think for a hunter, sport horse is really good, and she has his back end and his shoulder so best of both worlds.

That is an absolutely beautiful stallion, Wiseman's Ferry. Elegant neck, and a HUGE back end - great big massive hq muscle esp around the stifle, which I just love to see, a great long haunch, beautiful laid back shoulder, beautiful set to his neck, very elegant neck, very neat, finely chiseled head. This is a super stallion who was ranked 6th in Pennsylvania in 2010 with 67 winners earning a total over 2 million dollars.

Don't kid yourself - this is not just a race horse sire. He has the kind of cover-the-ground movement that makes for a beautiful hunter, dressage horse, eventer. He is getting a lot of very sound strong babies and it really looks like he puts that big power plant on all of them.

If you want to get an idea of what he gives to his babies watch his daughter here Sweet Susan haul in a very fast filly and just about catch her in a really game run.

She JUST WOULD NOT GIVE IN, she ran back at the front horse a good 4 times - hard, that kind of mind makes a great sport horse for any discipline. I think if she had had just a few feet more she would have won, but LOOK at the gallop on Sweet Susan - smoooooth with a beautiful long flowing stride! That kind of beautiful flowing gait make a beautiful hunter, dressage horse, eventer.

Now I have looked at 3 of his kids run - all with that same beautiful supple stride. Very impressive.

We're crammed full so I can't even think of it - but I hope some one picks up one of these to hold on to and let grow up for a couple years.
    http://www.bloodhorse.com/stallion-register/sr_sire_page.asp?refno=4680072&origin=link

If you scroll down about a quarter of the way down this page, you will see Wiseman's Ferry at the Castleton Lyons stallion show.

4. scbatz33

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    Wow! Are you in sales naturally? That was a great write up.....only one correction, believe it or not the first four pics are all of the same horse. She's a little woolly mammoth right now! She is a total doll baby and I think would make a great hunter/jumper prospect.

Of course her mare is very compact, huge rear, built like a tank. She was a money winner in PA - about $46,000

Likewise, the second set of pics are the same girl. The filly is looking a lot like her mare as well. She has her sire's temperament though. I've like Wiseman's Ferry since I first looked at him. He's a good stallion - ranked 8th in PA now for earnings. Last year he was 6th, but the year is still young!

5. welsummerchicks

Jul 26, 2010
    I'm sorry I didn't get the pics sorted right.

No I've never been in sales I am just like that - I just have this sort of natural- oh - enthusiasm when I like something. Plus I just love horses, and trying to analyze conformation and movement by looking at offspring, sire, dam, that is just such a good exercise.

Plus, I'm taking a ton of prednisone for my ailment...LOL.

6. scbatz33

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. welsummerchicks

Jul 26, 2010
    Some years ago a friend sent me a card - no occasion, just sent me a card, it said this:

'Because you are so - lively'

Once someone was picking on dressage rider Robert Dover, for 'bragging'. Said, 'Oh you are just always bragging about this horse' Robert D said, 'what, bragging?' 'Yeah, saying all the time this horse is a GENIUS', Dover says 'But he IS a genius', then a friend of Dover points out that any time Dover sits on any horse he always starts yelling, 'This horse is such a GENIUS!!!!'

I dunno, at my house, 'Genius' is what we call a horse when it's being STUPID.

8. scbatz33

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    Well, I have said before, that no one will come to my circus if I'm not the best ring master around!

9. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    If I rode HuntSeat, I would be all over one........

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by