Yellowish bumps, swollen face on rooster, pls help

Yes, it could be. Erythromycin and oxytetracycline are usually effective. Antimicrobials (eg, fluoroquinolones, macrolides) are active against infectious coryza. Various sulfonamides, including trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole, and other drug combinations have been successful for treatment.

If the lesions are related to the petrleum distillates in the permethrin solution, I would start him on activated charcoal as a precaution. It will hopefully bind with residual toxins in his body. It's late, and this may be unproductive, but it's a precaution I would take in your place.

Yes, it could be. Erythromycin and oxytetracycline are usually effective. Antimicrobials (eg, fluoroquinolones, macrolides) are active against infectious coryza. Various sulfonamides, including trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole, and other drug combinations have been successful for treatment.
I might have some old pills lying arounde. how do i use them? dilute in water and offer as drink for the flock?

Green diarrhea often accompanies coryza infections.

Give him the whole charcoal capsule directly into his beak two or three times a day for about three days.

Milk thistle given a couple times a day can help clean out his liver.

Treat only chickens showing symptoms. The antibiotic pill should not be diluted. Give directly into the beak. Tell us which med you intend to use and we can check on what dosage he needs.

Green diarrhea often accompanies coryza infections.

Give him the whole charcoal capsule directly into his beak two or three times a day for about three days.

Milk thistle given a couple times a day can help clean out his liver.

Treat only chickens showing symptoms. The antibiotic pill should not be diluted. Give directly into the beak. Tell us which med you intend to use and we can check on what dosage he needs.
I have doxycycine 500mg, levaquin 500mg, amoxicillin 500mg and ceftin 500mg

My chickens have recurrent scaly leg mites 😣☹️. Yes, I did dilute as reccomemded. I sprayed the coops also all the animals got a spray on their legs as well.

he just started sneezing. is this coryza?
Can you get a video of him? Upload video to youtube and provide a link.
Photos of his poop and housing as well.

SLM can't be treated topically with Permethrin spray, they live under the scales of the legs and burrow quite deeply. Vaseline, oil or Nu Stock cream applied to the legs working it up and underneath the scales of the legs will smother the mites. This needs to be done at a minimum of once a week for a month. Alternatively, Ivermectin could be used to treat SLM, you would want to research the withdrawal period.

Infectious Coryza has a very bad odor, any smells? Any coughing, mucous? I've never seen lesions on the neck due to Infectious Coryza.
Sulfa antibiotics are the most common treatment for Infectious Coryza.

Any lesions inside the beak? Still not convinced at all this is respiratory disease.

Just my 2¢

While the symptoms appear superficially to be similar to coryza, I wouldn't rule out petroleum toxicity. If you wish to treat for both, I would use the doxycycline as the "cyclines" are most effective against the type of bacteria.

Look closely at his wattles. Notice any swelling?

Back
Top Bottom