You might be a “Southie” if...

Pics
I grew up in southern California. Closed toe shoes were running shoes or beach shoes and intended just for those purposes. Flip flops were a way of life. lol
I've carried this tendency over to Georgia where it does actually get chilly. If it's in the 20s you'll probably see me sporting a nice warm jacket, jeans, and some flip flops. lol
Yes, flip flops used to be an all year round shoe (even worn in public...as long as I had a decent pedicure.) Now days my shoe of choice worn in cold weather outside is the ‘can’t live without’ muck boots. In the summer, it’s still flip flops. With one exception. I no longer wear flip flops when mucking out stalls. Yep, I was that girl! I only stopped because I’m no longer as able to scrub my feet the way I used to, so I now keep them covered when in the stalls. :lau

Yes, flip flops used to be an all year round shoe (even worn in public...as long as I had a decent pedicure.) Now days my shoe of choice worn in cold weather outside is the ‘can’t live without’ muck boots. In the summer, it’s still flip flops. With one exception. I no longer wear flip flops when mucking out stalls. Yep, I was that girl! I only stopped because I’m no longer as able to scrub my feet the way I used to, so I now keep them covered when in the stalls. :lau

YES! Oh my gosh pedicures are necessary here. Walking in the sand all the time in California kept our feet looking naturally pretty. People don't realize that's their darn secret over there. "Natural beauties" in California is because they're freaking sandblasted a few times a week at the beach.

@CluckNDoodle, what part of Georgia? I moved to Alabama back in ‘08 from Dalton. A lot of my family still lives there...but you couldn’t pay me to go back. :oops:

We're just inland of Savannah. I've lived here a long time but we're not planning on staying forever. I belong in the mountains. It's too darn muggy and hot here. It's like living in a sauna in the Summertime.

Ralphie actually hails from one of the warmer areas of Minnesota, along the giant inland sea known as Lake Superior. Everyone knows the lake keeps the temps from dropping as low as it does in, say, Grand Rapids :plbb . Those folks are real Northerners!

We have been known to clean stalls in our bare feet - but not in the winter.

I had not heard about Tigers in California, but I remember a story about packs of wild Chihuahuas - they became popular after Legally Blonde, and ended up getting dumped when people realized that they ate, pooped, and needed to be trained.

Okay, I think I’ve got it now. There are three divisions of North America. The Southies (majority I suppose), VWNers (sizable group), and a tiny sliver known as Minnesota (a tiny number that includes the owner of this thread ;)).

Hmmmm, let me do some calculations. 🤔 I see why us DUX loving Southies and VWNers are a big problem for you. We are everywhere and closing in quickly. You should be afraid. Be very afraid!:gig:lau Quack Quack!
And we are bringing our armadillos, fire ants, chiggers, and killer bees with us!

Back
Top Bottom