Great Pyrenees Puppy Thread!

Well...too late to help this pup and maybe the entire litter, but I'll try. For starters, I am a vet, and I find that people who "don't trust vets" are often the ones that are reluctant to spend money then ****** when the vet can't wave their hands over the pet and heal it for free. With that out of the way, seizing in a young puppy can be hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) temperature problems (remember pups can't maintain their own temp for weeks, and people often overheat them) exposure of the mother to certain infectious diseases (distemper, toxoplasma, etc), as well as other environmental toxins, maternal septicemia, etc. The tough part is there's no way for you or anyone online to tell. It sounds like you are doing a kneejerk reaction of I don't want to talk about this and I'll never have another litter, but you still have most of this litter (for now at least) and if you don't want to watch the entire litter die, you are going to have to return to the vet, opt to pay for testing, possibly take the dead puppies to the state lab for post mortem where they can try and determine what happened. It won't be cheap but breeding dogs the right way is never cheap and never a money earner.

When you don't know something about your animals, or something is wrong with the animal, CALL A VET. If you care about them so much, that should have been the first thing you had done, instead of asking strangers online for help. Be smart, and trust people that take care of animals for a living, not a hobby. We breed dogs, and if something goes wrong, I CALL A VET. That's what you needed to do from the start.

OK we learned from our mistake but the vet was overloaded with people and couldnt see us till the next day

giving the pups baths every 2 days is VERY bad for them. frequent bathing can cause a lot of skin issues, at the very least.

how is giving a puppy a bath every 2 days bad the fleas were biting them and making them bleed cause the mom brought the fleas
so they dont have as much fleas

OK we learned from our mistake but the vet was overloaded with people and couldnt see us till the next day
every vet keeps emergency slots open to work in appointments like this. they will make time for this type of appointment and the other appointments will wait. Just like any human doctor.

I've never had one do otherwise and one who tried to rush out an emergency apointment is not one that I would ever do business with.

Of course, as a breeder, you should have a long-standing relationship with a local vet. There is so much that needs to be done before a dog is even ready to be considered for breeding.

Another thought. has your female been tested for STDs?

those were on perpose the third happened when we moved and tried to transport them they did it in the car

I highly doubt that was the only time....ive had a dog do it in the car...it didnt happenand it was a smaller dog a dog that size yeah...umm ok.... What state are you in? so I can avoid fleas ridden sick puppies.

Back
Top Bottom