November 2016 Hatch-a-long!!

@NysiaAnera

They grew into some great-looking chickens. It's so exciting to see new eggs. I can tell you're very proud - and should be. It's hard to explain to non-chicken people how wonderful it is to see those first eggs from your "babies."

Duke said no to Sam, but rolled his eyes and kind of smirked. Then I jokingly called him Sam... and now that is his name!!! LOL! Here he is again.

I thought he was pretty big, but seeing him next to his dad and the twins (Buff Brahmas)... wow, he is small! Lol That is not stopping him from taking over some of the hens. He seems to have found a favorite in our White EE, she is the top hen too.

Duke said no to Sam, but rolled his eyes and kind of smirked. Then I jokingly called him Sam... and now that is his name!!! LOL! Here he is again.
I thought he was pretty big, but seeing him next to his dad and the twins (Buff Brahmas)... wow, he is small! Lol That is not stopping him from taking over some of the hens. He seems to have found a favorite in our White EE, she is the top hen too.

So, you did give him the name that I suggested to you.

Just a mini update on my Nov chicks, which I'll have to follow with some pics: The hatch was 2 pullets, 1 cockerel. Wavy the cockerel is named that bcs his beak is curved--not a scissor beak bcs both top and bottom meet exactly but the whole beak curves. Bizarre. When I saw that I thought of the ice cream flavor called Wavy Gravy and the name just stuck. Since I don't want to intentionally pass along non-optimal genetic qualities, I moved Wavy up to a pen with an elderly hen (Lucy just passed away, natural causes from old age after a fabulous life), and 2 huge cockerels, Ernie and Bert (more original names? LOL) So there are 3 boys up there at present. Ernie and Bert become roos officially in June. Wavy was from the Nov hatch. He doesn't get picked on which I think is very cool. I'm a bit nervous about introducing pullets bcs at present the boys have nothing to fight about...
The pullets are Marigold who is bright yellow (silkie) and Sterling (who is lighter blue tones with partridge hackle).
A picture is worth a thousand words. I've come close to my word-limit so pics will follow.

Back
Top Bottom