November 2016 Hatch-a-long!!

Yes. Liver laced Wyandotte are gorgeous! I bought 2 from MPC on 10/5. They are cute chicks, too!

Thank you darkbluespace. And yes, lots of fun stuff here!!

Yes, we just can't stop!  I have eight Silver Laced Wyandotte eggs in the incubator, expecting a Veteran's Day hatch. I guess I'll have to call the roos "Patton," "McArthur," "Eisenhower"...

I think the Silver-Laced Wyandottes are some of the prettiest large-breed hens, and they are good layers, winter-hardy and sweet tempered.  Hoping for a good hatch!

Nice to see you over here! :)

I feel like a broken record saying " those chickens are pretty!" I guess I just love them all!

I had one Silver Lace Wyandotte that was here when I moved in. She lived to be around 8 years old! RIP old lady hen. :love

Just a Styrofoam cooler. I had an extra thermostat lying around and a couple thermometers so I thought what the heck. :) It's just a still air but so far so good. I added some sealed jars of water to help keep the temp stable. 

Cool! I think is is super fun to build incubators! I add cheap computer fans to mine and just wire it to a cell phone charger for power.

I'm joining in. I must be crazy living here in Maine and hatching in November.. I have 8 pretty blue eggs in my incubator that I got in a swap. They are due to hatch 11/14.

Hello all!

Its been years since I had chickens, but now that we've bought a house and settled back down it felt like time to start over again. We have an acre in a residential area, so I guess it's more like urban chicken keeping than what I did before when we lived out in the country. Thinking about what keeping chickens means to me, I couldn't help but think of my great granddad who had chickens that he referred to as "Dominickers". I've done a lot of research since then of course, and I believe he had barred rocks. So, I ordered some barred rock eggs from ebay (seller mary4d). I didn't have enough posts to utilize our buy/sell/trade options here on BYC at the time. I ordered 5 eggs but received 7, although two were broken during shipping. I was worried that they had been jostled around too much, but I set them on 10/19 and didn't touch them until tonight. All five are developing :) It's hard to see in a picture, but all have veining and movement. If all goes well, they're due to hatch 11/9.

Mine are due to hatch on Nov. 16/17. (I was bad and snuck and extra egg in)
Naughty!! (
wink.png
I don't think one day is going to rock the boat...) Best of luck with your hatch.

My batch due next week have bad air cells but are still plugging along and the 15 I set in Friday I am already itching to candle so yes sitting in hands is a good plan lol

Back
Top Bottom