San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

Hi Cara! I'm Cari
welcome-byc.gif
Glad to find another chicken lover!
big_smile.png

Hi Cara! I'm Michelle, I'm new to chickens (still waiting for that first egg!) and have never seen a serama. Looking forward to meeting you
wee.gif

That first egg is such a treasure! I have four productive girls and it just tickles me to watch my guests get all eggcited about going out to the chicken pen and bringing in eggs still warm from the chicken. What a wonderful , simple pleasure that I might have missed if I hadn't decided to indulge my wish for chics. See you Saturday, LaVonne

Hi Cara,

I'm in Warner Springs. This will be my first meet-up, too, & I'm really excited to meet others who are "chicken" crazy~!
smile.png

Knock Kneed...thanks so much for the pics of the park. It really looks nice. Fingers crossed for NO rain. It might be a good idea if we brought our own chairs.

I, too, will be bringing birds. I have a pair (possibly trio) of white (with a little black barring) bantam cochins, a little Mille Fleur D'Uccle pullet (pet quality as she is missing 3 toenails), & some Mille Fleur Cochin roos in the event no one has seen this color yet. As it gets closer to the date I will post some pics. If anyone is interested in something special-Mille Fleur Bantam Cochins, Black Mottled D'Uccle, Black Barred Bantam Cochins pullets that are laying, or two BEAUTIFUL Standard Cochin roos, just let me know.

Knock Kneed Hen: Thanks for taking the pictures of the park. It is Lovely. Farmer's Market too? I will try to get there a little early and do some shopping. I cannot WAIT.

I will bring all the nursery pots my little car will fit to share.

I am still on the lookout for Barnevelder, Black Copper Marans, Olive Eggers, and just about anything with colorful eggs. Hatching eggs are fine, I am open to chicks and young pullets also.

Nancy

I have to brag about my first Brabanter pullet egg. (White One in case you need to know. The dark speckled one is Wellsummer. I also am looking forward to the meeting/party. Maybe I should arrive on friday so I can visit the farmers market in the morning .
gig.gif

31570_img_0078.jpg

Back
Top Bottom