San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

Quote:

Al, Gosh! I didn't know you had so many roos, I was thinking about asking if you wanted one more silkie! I won't enable if you are already in trouble! lol I'm driving my husband crazy with the roos here too, I still have 8 myself. I say seramas don't count and I have only 4 but it isn't a valid argument in his opinion.
big_smile.png

If anyone wants to unload some 5-10 gallon pots I'll be happy to take some.

I too was planning to kind of wait to the last minute to figure out what food and stuff I will be bringing. I am bringing some duck eggs if anyone wants to eat or hatch them. I think I will try out selling them after that, usually I hatch them and sell the ducklings to pay for feed but I have plenty of chicks to hatch and ducklings are a little more difficult to have around, especially in this weather. It's a tough one because their feed is pricey, but the ducklings require a lot more work.

Hi guys,
Happy New Year and I'm excited we're getting together again! Our first meet up was a blast, it will be fun to find out what's new now. My four girls are all laying now, giving 3 to 4 eggs daily. The big storms Christmas week were a real drag, I had to let my girls stay in the garage for a few nights, my yard flooded. Not sure what I'll bring yet, but I'm thinking about it. Ramona is a beautiful area, so this will be a lot of fun. See you guys soon, LaVonne

The silkies are ok, it is the 3 big roosters that are kind of a problem, at least they don't pick on the little guys.
smile.png
Do you have a red silkie?

Quote:

Al, Gosh! I didn't know you had so many roos, I was thinking about asking if you wanted one more silkie! I won't enable if you are already in trouble! lol I'm driving my husband crazy with the roos here too, I still have 8 myself. I say seramas don't count and I have only 4 but it isn't a valid argument in his opinion.
big_smile.png

If anyone wants to unload some 5-10 gallon pots I'll be happy to take some.

I too was planning to kind of wait to the last minute to figure out what food and stuff I will be bringing. I am bringing some duck eggs if anyone wants to eat or hatch them. I think I will try out selling them after that, usually I hatch them and sell the ducklings to pay for feed but I have plenty of chicks to hatch and ducklings are a little more difficult to have around, especially in this weather. It's a tough one because their feed is pricey, but the ducklings require a lot more work.

I took some pictures of the park in Ramona. They have a Farmer's Market there on Saturdays until 12:30 but they don't use the pavilion. There's a larger pavilion with seating all around the edges, the smaller pavilion has tables, no chairs.
There are plenty of tables with benches throughout the park. As we get closer we can determine whether or not we need a pavilion for cover if it rains. Just wanted to give everyone the down-lo since I said I would.

The large pavilion is on the left. The small one on the right has outlets....could incubate some eggs if we wanted
smile.png

49067_img_0339.jpg
49067_img_0342.jpg

Hey everyone my name is Cara, i was directed to the forum by tigerrrrrrrlilly, I have seramas that i got from "Jerry" they have all started laying on and off, hope that this year is full of good looking little chickens. I live in ramona here and was trrilled to hear about the gathering on 01/22/11. I will for sure be there. I have 30 eggs in the incubater, W some hatching as we speak and some due next sunday!!! I have been asked by another serama friend to bring all of the birds that he does not wish to keep in his breeding pen this year!!! I dont know how many that will be but probably quite a few serama Roo's and some pullets he said $5.00 each. I will bring some of my breeders for people to see and some chicks as well, in case no one has seen serama chicks, they are itty, bitty, like quails. i am excited about meeting everyone, i have never been to a gathering like this.
~Cara

frow.gif
Cara! How exciting!! I'm up in Julian
smile.png
I've never seen a Serama up close and personal so I'm excited!! Glad you're coming, we made it convenient for you
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom