San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

Whoa! I thought I was a little bonkers driving to SD since I live in Los Angeles. I so hope that you have some other reason to be in SD. I think you mentioned something about a cousin? This will be my second time at the meet up. It was well worth the drive. Everyone was so nice. We all had a great time with the chicken talk.

Nancy

Quote:

Nah, I always knew I was "muy diferente" besides SD area has more color at this time of year. We do have some green and a few blooms but now like SD area. And it will be fun meeting other "chicken peeps" My cousin might be way north because he skies but his wife is fun also. Mary

Also have a easter egger X White Cochin roo for free and a red frizzeled rooster for free if anyone in interested in them.

Quote:
Also, Hi and
welcome-byc.gif
Hope you can make it!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
peepsmom- we just kinda play it as it goes so far. I'm sure it won't be long till the next one, we all have fun.

cara- I'm so glad you are coming can't wait to see the babies.

I have eggs hatching now and more due before the meetup. I may have a few SD zoo red jungle fowl, silkie and silver laced OEGB babies available. I also am hatching seramas but have to see how many I end up with. I still need hens and different colors.

I am debating on whether or not to bring duck duck again, what do you all think? Is anyone bringing small children? He might be too much for a toddler lol.
I may also bring my pug this time. He loves people.

duck duck is adorable
love.gif
I just wish we could pet him lol... I finally talked bf into getting ducks... we were talking today about the chickens and he's all "yeah... ....when we get ducks..." I was like "did that just come out of his mouth!!!" LoL... I have been trying to talk him into it since the last meet-up.
lol.png

We'll wear jeans and thick gloves in case duck duck comes after us again.
wink.png
But seriously, he is not that fast, just put your foot out and he cannot come close to you.
smile.png

I think anyone who have handle rooster will be ok with duck duck.
smile.png

Quote:

Does anyone have an easter egger hen/pullet for sale? I can really only add one more chicken now due to my small coop, but the 4 I have will all lay brown eggs. I'm hoping to have one with colorful eggs!

Back
Top Bottom