San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

I need a hen saddle if anyone knows how to make them? PM please.
smile.png

Flower: I got it down and will be bringing extra doggie snacks just in case. Just curious, are the olive eggs from Turkens? I honestly never knew that other chickens laid different colored eggs other than the EE and the Ameraucana (sp?). I learn something every day.

I am excited to see your plants. Never seen that kind of aloe before. I only have the generic stuff.

Nancy

Quote:

Seriously do not worry about it. We are all there to have fun and socialize w/ like minded people. The last meet up everyone was so generous and I had nothing to offer. It took me all of this time to figure something out. HA!

People just brought what they had and we shared. It was all good.

I look forward to meeting you.

Nancy

Quote:

Got my very first egg today!!!! Yeah! I have a mixed flock of 7 that I purchased from Country Feed in Vista in June. I think this is from the Welsummer. She is 29 weeks.

61221_1st_egg_nest_box.jpg

Allright!!! First Egg!!
wee.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
woot.gif
woot.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

I got my very first chicken from Country Feed. It was about 8 years ago. She was a Speckled Sussex, a real sweetie. I only had her for about a year, then I had to rehome her. I had a toddler at the time, who got too close to the chicken for her own good, and nearly got her eye pecked. I decided that chickens would have to wait a few years...and a few years passed, that toddler is now almost 9, and I have chickens again!! Whoop!
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
Empireranch:
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

droolin.gif
droolin.gif
droolin.gif
droolin.gif

woot.gif
woot.gif

WOW! They took their sweet time. You are one patient lady. Gosh, I hope the ones I got do not make me wait that long. I might resort to chicken dinner.
hide.gif

Congrats! And enjoy and savor that egg.

Nancy

Last edited:
Quote:
Congratulations on your very first egg!!! How egg-citing.
celebrate.gif
ya.gif

My girls are finally starting to lay again after taking a short winter break.

Back
Top Bottom