San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

Yay! Give those girls a chance. Mine were so flighty (literally) when they were young, they roosted for about two months on a high wisteria branch near the roof of the patio on my shed. I was finally able to entice them into the coop with scratch and trained them to go in at night. Crazy birds. I called them 'the Rangers' for the longest time.

Hi everyone. We have a silver campine roo that needs a new home. He is about 2 months old. We got our first batch of chicks at the meet up in February and can only keep one roo. This guy takes his rooster job seriously and has been nice to the girls. He's been fed soy-free organic feed and spends time free ranging. Unfortunately, we also have a silkie roo who wins the keeper-roo spot by cuteness alone.

Is anyone interested? We are in NW Escondido.

Angie and Ellie

I just went down and spent some more time with them and they are already coming up to me more. I think I am going to keep them after all or at least think on it more. (Nevermind Aumlet). I do already have some friendly hens so maybe it will be fun to try to tame these girls up. I like how they look like little road runners.

No problem! Hope they work out!
thumbsup.gif

I thought I was buying 2 Welsummer hens this weekend but when I got them home I realized they are Brown Leghorns! Bah! I kind of want to rehome them. They are flighty but is anyone interested? Or does anyone have any good experiences with this breed that could convince me I should keep them? They do seem like healthy birds and have pretty feathers.
I'll absolutely take 'em! I been wanting leghorns for a while. Oh and I did find one marans you could have/ trade too.

Last edited:
Well, I think I am going to hang onto them but hey you could get some "Welsummers" from the same lady I did! She had a bunch when I went on Sunday and she was keeping them in a crowded, muddy pen so they could definitely use an upgrade in accomodations.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/grd/2954586676.html

There is her ad. I know the pics are Welsummers but they are stock photos not actual pictures of her birds.

Back
Top Bottom