San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

Despite a catastrophic (and I suspect terminal) car failure, and thanks to the awesome awesomeness of Emily
bow.gif
and her husband, the chicks, kids and myself made it to the meet up.
Thank you everyone who took chicks and eggs, Gail, Elara, Peter, Jake and all you other "saviors" .

It was great seeing you all again, and despite the fact that the "hill of death" into Ramona killed the car we still got home (and chick free!!!
th.gif
), again thanks to the Emily the awesome.

What a DAY!!

All I cansay...is..Prgogress, not perfection!! Went to meet-up with 7 beaks..
came home with 3 of the same beaks, 4 new beaks..progress, not perfection... right...?

Oh well, a friend of mine always says,"If you're gonna hang out in a barber shop,
sooner or later you're bound to get a haircut!"

Wonderful seeing you all,
Glenn the Coffee Guy

What a great time we had! The weather was perfect and my hubby was into the chicken thing (
wee.gif
) LOL

Thank you so much to those of you that bought soaps and honey from us. We appreciate your support of our small buisness so much.

Now to chickens (and turkeys)
I went home to get another kennel to carry home what we had. 5 more beaks more.
big_smile.png
My hubby even stalked one banty chick to make sure he got it. And then came over to test the waters with how I felt about turkeys....... it was cute. I don't know if you can use cute to describe adults but that is what it was. He's hooked. However in his excitment he forgot to find out what type of turkey's he had purchased but he got the last 3 and he was happy. Thank you to the Miller's, Jared, for selling sunshine to Phoebe, she is smitten with her to say the least.

Cannot wait till the next one!

I am so bummed we missed it, but alas, a family wedding was an obligation I couldn't get out of. Sigh.

I wanted to report that I got two more chicks on friday (EE) and the four are all happily peeping away in their brooder. Even more exciting is that the hubby is out back setting the foundation for our coop!! :)

celebrate.gif

yippe a new coop.make sure you post some pictures when he is done.love the new coop smell,not so much on a used one.
tongue.gif

I am so bummed we missed it, but alas, a family wedding was an obligation I couldn't get out of. Sigh.

I wanted to report that I got two more chicks on friday (EE) and the four are all happily peeping away in their brooder. Even more exciting is that the hubby is out back setting the foundation for our coop!! :)

celebrate.gif

I am a complete and utter failure.
1. I did not take a box, even a small one
2. I only took $40 cash
3. I brought my husband, in case #1 and #2 didn't work

I almost made it. Then, 20 minutes before we left...

1. I started talking to Miriam (bad, bad, bad).
2. She had chicks from a breed that originated in my grandfather's homeland, Belgium (worse)
3. I was generously given a box (dammit)
4. My husband got in the car and made a trip to the ATM for more cash (you are supposed to stop me, honey)
5. I came home with 6 chirping chicks, because only 2 would be too cold alone

That is the good news. The bad: the chirping ones were not the only ones in the car. The other 12 heading for the incubator will be joining them in three weeks or so, with any luck. My first stab at cooking.

20 minutes. So close.

...An event horizon...in layman's terms it is defined as "the point of no return" i.e. the point at which the gravitational pull becomes so great as to make escape impossible. --Wikipedia

(sigh)
I have 8 Belgium D'Anver chicks that need new homes. Just separated from mama today. Don't know how many pullets or cockerels, yet, but will soon. Let me know if I can enable your further. ;p

Back
Top Bottom