- 2 cups White Lily self-rising flour
-1/2 cup Lard or Crisco Shortening
-1/2 cup to 2/3 cup cold buttermilk or plain milk
-1 tsp sugar
preheat oven to 425 farhenheit
1. sift flour and sugar in large bowl
2. cut in lard into flour until you get gravel size pieces mixed throughout
3. make well in center and add a little milk t a time to you get a soft, moist dough.
turn out on a floured board and knead 3 times, and fold it over itself 3 times. this makes it flaky
4. roll out, or press out with hand until 3/4 in to 1 in thickness.
5 cut biscuits and lay on baking sheet and place in oven
6. cook 15-20 min until tops are golden brown. ENJOY!