➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

I had also 3 pinky eyes in the hatch of my silver roo. One's eyes turned dark, while mature and another turned dark red. One of them still have red eyes.
As they are only very light, not totally white, I assume that they have cinnamon genes, as they have red eyes either.

I try to make some pics tomorrow.
None of the albinos that I've hatched have thrived. Two were blind at hatch, the others went blind pretty soon after.

I was too scared (stupidly, I mean they are hardy little creatures) to participate in the hatch-along, but hatched my first babies this week! Here they are in my homemade brooder, I think 3 or 4 days old? I set 17 and we got 14 chicks - all mixed, from an Italian roo and our mixed flock of hens (Rosetta, Tibetan tuxedo, Pharoh)

Ceramic heat emitters, the 100W?
I played with them, but the wattages were too large in the summer time and overheated my little brooder. I'm using a 100W incandescent light bulb now for the first week and then outside they go. Working for me.

I think the ceramic I have is 150 watts. So a little larger. Have you melted the brooder yet?
my ceramics are 80w

Back
Top Bottom