āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

I just moved my second batch into lockdown. And I checked the lid about a dozen times, it's on. The incubator came back up to temp quickly. But the humidity has gone up to the mid 70's now that I've put some water in it. Is that too high? It was in the mid 30's up until now, with no water in the incubator.

I started with 22 and pulled out three infertile and one early quitter when I candled at day 9, so I have 18 left. I'm just using the flashlight on my cellphone, so I wasn't able to see more than just the air cells this time, but they all have good air cells and it gets dark from there, no more light bulbs, so hopefully, they're doing well so far.

I just moved my second batch into lockdown. And I checked the lid about a dozen times, it's on. The incubator came back up to temp quickly. But the humidity has gone up to the mid 70's now that I've put some water in it. Is that too high? It was in the mid 30's up until now, with no water in the incubator.

I started with 22 and pulled out three infertile and one early quitter when I candled at day 9, so I have 18 left. I'm just using the flashlight on my cellphone, so I wasn't able to see more than just the air cells this time, but they all have good air cells and it gets dark from there, no more light bulbs, so hopefully, they're doing well so far.
So sweet!
I would try to get the humidity down to 50-60%. I use a small yogurt jar instead of the channels. Humidity is determined by surface area, so if you have a deep jar with a small mouth, you can keep the humidity relatively low without needing to add water for a long time.

Shadow, my runt from last hatch that barely pulled thru, is getting some freckles on his back. His brother who also hatched from my odd eggs also has them so it isnt from some kind of health issue from hatch trauma, as Phyllis hatched strongly and perfectly. Yesterday Shadow had 3 white oddly shaped freckles on his back, today thereā€™s 5, I assume more will show up. He really is looking very interesting so far, dark Rosetta, I think he will develop wild stripes like his dad Aragorn, but Aragorn never had freckles like this.

Here are some pics, also, other than his band being on the opposite leg, you would never know he was the runt, and lay there twitching in the incubator for 18 hours on his side, and had to be hand fed and taught to stand, heā€™s easily one of the larger ones now at 3 weeks.
View attachment 2305447View attachment 2305448View attachment 2305449

Some front shots of his turkey chest :)
View attachment 2305450View attachment 2305451
DO I SEE A FRENCHIE?

Back
Top Bottom