➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

The first pip I noticed is a whole chick out of the egg now! They are coming fast already!

Should I leave the chick in the incubator overnight? I was going to go to the farm store in the morning for gamebird food, wondering if I should go tonight instead... It's almost 8pm here.
They are fine, they won’t eat much the first day or 2 anyways. After all the belly is full from the yolk sack. You will usually start to see them eat more once you start seeing poop in the brooder.

I run about a pound or so through the food processor
I fill the nutra bullet halfway, my feed is pretty small crumble, so by like day 3 or 4 they can eat big kid food. I keep a Classico pasta jar about halfway to all the way filled with dust most of the time. I’ve also done the sift out the powder from the regular feed method so you don’t need to blend any, but I’m too lazy now, the bullet is way easier.

And I don't smash it at all. They pick out what they want and the chickens clean up the rest when the dirty brooder lining is put beside the compost.

8 wild colored ones in the brooder.
4 in the incubator and a yeller!

39-12 = 27 to go.

Howdy folks, I am getting my brooder ready and wonder what you are using for a waterer for your chicks. I want something safe for them and that does not get knocked over easily. I had the mason jar type for my other juvi quail and they tended to either knock it over or soil it easily. I am hoping to avoid that type. Photos or links would be awesome. TIA

Howdy folks, I am getting my brooder ready and wonder what you are using for a waterer for your chicks. I want something safe for them and that does not get knocked over easily. I had the mason jar type for my other juvi quail and they tended to either knock it over or soil it easily. I am hoping to avoid that type. Photos or links would be awesome. TIA
For the first few days I use these. They can't drown in it, and they can't knock it over when it's reasonably full.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PP6PJ2N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Back
Top Bottom