āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

NO.... It takes a year.

:lau I know, I was mostly kidding. But I do want to hatch eggs from them when theyā€™re old enough.

Varies with the rooster, the weather, and the flock situation. The EHAL isn't for a month still, so there's time.

Thanks! Very helpful. I think itā€™ll probably be way too soon as they only hatched thanksgiving weekend so mostly kidding but I do want to hatch from them. Planning on keeping 3 boys and the girl for now and deciding later but Iā€™m still watching them all closely to see if I chose wrong or whatever. Cause I have my faves but if they have a bad personality, I want to choose another before I get rid of them. I know itā€™s not a guarantee but still.

If they're purchasing the eggs from someone like MyShire I would abide by their guaranteed hatch rate. If they want me to hatch their home grown eggs I would guarantee something like 75%. If they don't hatch that many, I'll hatch another batch for free.
I'm stuck at 50% hatching of fertile eggs. The 24 HG that I attempted only had 11 make it to lock down and 4 hatched. Granted this was a long shot to begin with from the refrigerator. My point being you don't know fertility, feed, care or handling until they get to you. Good customers won't be an issue. Then there is that one person you get in line behind that will argue over a penny. Caveat emptor.

Hmm. Day 2. Gotta wait on the candling. I'm still saying Set3 isn't fertile and only half of Set1 eggs will be. That is what I get for getting in a hurry.

I'm stuck at 50% hatching of fertile eggs. The 24 HG that I attempted only had 11 make it to lock down and 4 hatched. Granted this was a long shot to begin with from the refrigerator. My point being you don't know fertility, feed, care or handling until they get to you. Good customers won't be an issue. Then there is that one person you get in line behind that will argue over a penny. Caveat emptor.

Hmm. Day 2. Gotta wait on the candling. I'm still saying Set3 isn't fertile and only half of Set1 eggs will be. That is what I get for getting in a hurry.
That person gets their free second/third hatch, and then they're never a customer again. :confused:

I've worked enough customer service positions to know how to deal with most people and realize that there's always that one...

I didn't mean to. Someone gave me 27 button eggs (only 4 hatched), I got a great deal on two Falb Fee auctions, and I had to set some of my own eggs to see what they look like.

My latest accidental win just shipped today with another 60 eggs. I blame @Kiki she forced me to bid. :p
You are worse than just a hatching addict, you are also an auction addict.

Back
Top Bottom