19 and a half weeks old and still no eggs :( egg countdown anyone??

Who do you think will lay the first egg??

Clementine- 19 week Buff Orphington whos been squatting for a week, sings the egg song, has a full range of vocals, and was the first to get a bright red face and comb although its a bit small still.

Dixie- almost 19 week Silver laced Wyandotte. was the smallest of the flock since hatch. Very quiet.

Marigold- almost 19week Golden sex link. Just started finding her voice this week.

Ruby- 19 week New Hampshire Red no squatting but has a very large comb and waddles. Pretty talkative.

Stella- My EE almost 19weeks old. No squatting no color change on comb pretty quiet.

What do you think? Just for fun
smile.png

Clementine

Marigold
Dixie
Stella
Ruby and Clementine

Did she change behavior prior to laying? What does a rose comb look like before they start to lay? Does it supposedly get darker red or anything?

Who do you think will lay the first egg?? Clementine- 19 week Buff Orphington whos been squatting for a week, sings the egg song, has a full range of vocals, and was the first to get a bright red face and comb although its a bit small still.
Momma is my Buff Orpington and she gave me her first egg today at 24 weeks after about three weeks of loud morning egg songs. My vote is that your sex link will lay first.

Momma is my Buff Orpington and she gave me her first egg today at 24 weeks after about three weeks of loud morning egg songs. My vote is that your sex link will lay first.
Do they always have large combs a squat first before laying? Or Do you think one day she will just go for it and surprise me :)

Do they always have large combs a squat first before laying? Or Do you think one day she will just go for it and surprise me :)
actually i thought she would be after the rest...small comb. no squatting. the other ee laid her first today along with the other new Hampshire. 2 small eggs. 21 weeks tomorrow for all of them.

Back
Top Bottom